Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got caught off gaurd by an Integra Type R this morning on the way to work. I had just gotten off the freeway and had an idiot in (what I thought was a regular integra) just sitting on my ass all the way down the offramp until we hit the stop light at the end of the on ramp where we sat for a minute or so until it hit green. Once it hit green I took off and left the idiot behind me about a car length or so and proceeded to hang a right turn ,on Anton Rd in Costa Mesa,Ca for those who are out here by me, and he jumped out next to me and started reving on me so I fugured what the hell and dropped it on him! This was from a 30ish MPH rolling start and I thought it was going very well when I was a full car ahead until I hit the top end of 3rd and his front bumper was even with my front door. Once we were into 4th (75 mph or so) I started to pull away from him but not very fast. I quite in the 85 MPH but I know that I would have pulled him all the way up to 120 or so.

Has anyone else had any runins with a Type-R??

·
Registered
352 Posts
no run-in's with a type-r around here although i have a few friends with type-r motors, one in an accord

do not mistake these motors, they are quick for a 1.8 N/A
the one with the type-r motor in the accord dynoed at 168whp on a load-bearing dyno (meaning it simulates road conditions), plus they have a high rev limit

my '99 9-3 lpt model only dynoed 155whp(that's stock)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i know i guy with a gsr and he did all the mods to make it into a type r engine...and some...that thing gets me off the line all the way until i hit top of my third....well i havnt raced him in a while but dam can that thing move!!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I am sure it is a Type-R it was that nasty Yellow with the Gian Type-R on the side panels with the different factory spoiler on it. I almost bought one a few years back but decided the 30K for it was a bit too pricey for what it was. It was definatley quick and I think that if it would have been a true heads up race from a dead stop I wouldnt have been so lucky to keep ahead for the better part of the race. I think my saving grace was that I was already in the low end of the boost curve and I had a faster reaction time that he did. I am going to find him again hopefully and see if we can do a repeat just to see if it was a fluke or if it really is that fast. It is around 196HP stock form but with some tweaks you can squeeze another 25 to 30 Hp out of it without having to go forced induction on it. When I had my Tubo Saturn I raced a Civic Hatch with a Type-R motor with a Skunk works head on it and in all motor form it was able to hang all the way down to the wire so I know the motors can be really quick I was just surprised that it was as fast as it was.

·
User
9,193 Posts
I actually had a run in with a real integra type r (not one of those ricers that mis-badges it)... but yeah, he had the jump on me on the interstate, and I was in my 1990 c900T "Natalie" and It took a little bit, but i did pass him :) It was funny.... it was a really good race though and I didn't drop it into 4th, otherwise i would have gotten a good jump... but either way, I beat him.... he gave me the thumbs up after and went on his merry way hehe

·
Registered
461 Posts
You had a turboed saturn? :lol: :lol: :lol: Omg that is funny. I had a saturn and would never think to spend the money on something like that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
kids above is a perfect example of what happens when you drink and take pictures :lol: jk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts