Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the procedure in making the pipe is there any adapters needed to hook up the pipe from the throttle body or is it just the regular piece of rubber with a clamp and how much of a difference will it make to my current set up which is a 3 inch pipe with a k and n behind the fog light

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Currently Taliaferro is working on a kit that includes piping straight from the intake manifold to the sensor. It elimates the big air box up top there, the resonator. The pipe that goes into the intake manifold has to have ridges to sit down in there and also bolt holes so it can be screwed into place. A clamp will not work up there. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
what is their progress on that btw?

~justin

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
It has been used as a loaner for a while now and has had a few comparisons by people with the same car and the power is noticeable. Also my biggest concern of too loud is not an issue some of our 9-5 customers mentioned "loud muffler" when I questioned them. I have made a few revisions and should have some production prototypes soon. I will get them sent as promised… Just really busy here.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats good too hear Nick. Will it only be for a N/A intake or for different designs as well?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
8) Not the prettiest [yet] but it is the best performing design we have tested yet. Getting really close here... Tried many lengths and elbow shapes... Will have some for the T5 too. Need to get back to some other projects though...

Just noticed that the car is really dirty... oh, after 4 hours of mostly WOT it was mentioned that we change the oil since it was waaaay over :wink: now full :lol: of saab semi syn...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
why did you blue out the strut tower brace?

~justin

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
SHHHHHAAA, just ignore the Blue, it’s a secret invention Nick is working on he does not want anybody to know about. You weren’t supposed to say anything. :eek:

Nah but, yeah it’s probably a new brace that he is working on; I don't think anybody makes them yet. They might but I have not seen them. I was thinking about bringing my to my welder and having him make me a new one that has two bars going across one bolted to the body and the other one right in front of the bolts. He said that he could make it out of stainless, and that it would not cost him that much. Prob going to have him make that one, and the rear strut brace out of stainless bigger then 22mm.

·
Registered
140 Posts
someone REALLY needs to make a CAI for the T7 setup.. i'm so unpatient

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
saab4life said:
someone REALLY needs to make a CAI for the T7 setup.. i'm so unpatient
OHHH whatever...man I'm waiting on your for that!!!! Im in Iowa all summer...come down so we can get one made up. 8)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I had emailed Abbott Racing about one of their products, the high flow delivery pipe featured here on the right compared to stock on the left:

asking if this part would fit an N/A car. Not the whole delivery pipe, but just the connector piece to the throttle body. Apparently, the throttle bodies on the N/A and turbo models are different, and therefore it will not fit. Also, they said that even if we had a tube going into the throttle body on our N/A cars instead of the air box:
There will be no gain in doing this as we have flow jigged these before on our race cars and have done a lot of air box development on our dyno cell.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
we need to find out stuff for the n/a not turbo, this is the n/a section afterall

what if you just put a pipe right on top of the tb and stuck it up through the hood? lol

~justin

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Production parts are ready! :D These are much more labor intensive to make than first though. One good thing we were able to tune out most of the resonance so it sounds much better than the early prototypes.

Kit Details

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Thats excellent news!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
wow, bit expensive for me too, a group buy would be super!

but it looks awesome!!!!! good job

and why did you get rid of the noise, we like the whoosh noise

~justin

1 - 20 of 41 Posts