Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i am going to order a tdo4 turbo for my 9-3 and i wasnt sure if the stock turbo inlet pipe will fit on the new turbo? If anyone knows please let me know cause i would really like to order it. Also does anyone know were i can get the oil and coolant lines for a tdo4 turbo? Thanks :wink:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Huh ... pretty sure you could get everything you need from a reputable Saab repair site, or a dealer as the TD04 is standard fitment on the Viggen, Euro Aero, and US SE 205 hp 9-3s ... all the parts should cross over I would think. But I don't know anyone that's done that specific upgrade personally.

Adrian~

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx saabtuner........yeah i was thinking about calling the dealer on the water and oil lines but they will proably charge alot ... I still am not sure if the 185hp inlet pipe i have will fit the tdo4. any help and ideas is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
251 Posts
i know ERP got a td04 on his 900. it bolts right up supposedly. I think he got his from a junk yard and it came with all the oil lines and everything. im not positive though

·
Registered
17 Posts
if you have a 2001 or later 9-3 the inlet pipe should bolt right on, if your car is older then youll need to make your own design or buy the inlet pipe

·
Registered
745 Posts
I believe Eric used a larger inlet pipe to the turbo... like I am doing now on my 97 ng900set. I found mine off of a 99 Viggen and the inlet on the Mitubisi td04/t25-28 is a different size or larger as compared to my td03/t25...

The 99 Viggen td04 or hybrid type generally has a round exhaust inlet thats the same as the t25 inlet, but larger intake port (ie t28 side) from the intake side.

Of course you might have the same size, having a later model car than I, but with a t25 it makes sense that the td04 would be larger.

hope I haven't confused the issue... :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bought my oil and coolant lines from genuinesaab.com, and my wastegate actuator from SAAB.

The oil lines were slightly larger than my t25's.

good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts