Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I've seen this I/C.....

I've been talking to a guy named JR Perrott who lists on eBay about a custom Saab I/C for my '99 9.3 - he sells a tube & fin/bar & plate hybrid....Same guy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
I have been talking to JR Perrott too about the same IC (25x6), I am 99% sure that I am going to order one from him. Anyone else know of another person/place to make a custom IC? Also one more important question- the 9.3 and the NG900 could share the same intercooler, correct? same dimesions (roughly) and most important, mounting tabs? Could someone please verify this for me.

BTW- saab4life, I really like that intercooler, nice install.

-Ben
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats who i got mine from.. if u want u might be able to make it a little taller.. but its up to u
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also, i am getting my stage 4 ecu in a couple days.. then i will be off to the dyno
 

·
HNNLIC
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
saab4life said:
thats who i got mine from.. if u want u might be able to make it a little taller.. but its up to u
Im thinkin about having one made that actually comes up by the radiator, like the Volvo IC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
How much taller could I go? what are your dimensions, thickness, inlet/outlet sizes... Thanks
 

·
HNNLIC
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
Saabn said:
How much taller could I go? what are your dimensions, thickness, inlet/outlet sizes... Thanks
If you look at the pictures of his new one compared to his stock VIC...you'll notice it has the exact same dimensions. So im sure it was just plug and play for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
Hi

Look through the follwing links
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~esjuny/saab/cooleri.htm
This is my friends NG00 and he fitted the kylar&johnsson IC sold by SP and others to his car. Core is 540x210x62mm
Sorry, I dont have the end tank dimensions available. This IC is about the biggest one in size that you can fit in the nose of NG900 with out any modifications to the bumper or body.

This IC might be little bigger in depth and it is sold by one guy at Swedish saab forum. He makes them for domestic market there, do not know if he will ship. If anybody is interested I can give his details. PM me for this.
http://www.limon.dk/ic/montering/

I myself went a different route with my Viggen, since I found the SP sold unit little too expencive for what it is. I took my car to a local tuner, where I had an custom IC made to fit my viggen.
Here are some pics
http://viggen93.mine.nu/viggen/IC/
If the IC is built this way the one you see in these pictures is about the biggest you can fit with no modification job needed. Any taller is a no no and same applies to with if the car has A/C. Yes, you can go wider but the A/C dryer need to be replaced. The dryer can been seen on left hand side of IC (right side if looking from front of the car.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
actually ced.... its a little shorter.. by 2 inches even.. it is a lot thicker and a couple inches longer but i felt it could have been taller.. but its up to you.. i had to makeshift mount it and what not.. it all depends on how "drop in" u want to make it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,170 Posts
Nice intercooler Vigge. The best i have seen fitted on a saab. I PM'ed you.


Also saab looks good saab4life. Stage 4 maptun huh, that should be fun, i'm getting there with mine going a little higher in stage though. NIce job, i want to pick up that turbo emblem for my car also looks sharp.

Be sure to post the dyno sheet for your new ECU cant want to see if maptun lives up to what it says. I'm sure it will though.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Vigge said:
Hi

Look through the follwing links
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~esjuny/saab/cooleri.htm
This is my friends NG00 and he fitted the kylar&johnsson IC sold by SP and others to his car. Core is 540x210x62mm
Sorry, I dont have the end tank dimensions available. This IC is about the biggest one in size that you can fit in the nose of NG900 with out any modifications to the bumper or body.

This IC might be little bigger in depth and it is sold by one guy at Swedish saab forum. He makes them for domestic market there, do not know if he will ship. If anybody is interested I can give his details. PM me for this.
http://www.limon.dk/ic/montering/

I myself went a different route with my Viggen, since I found the SP sold unit little too expencive for what it is. I took my car to a local tuner, where I had an custom IC made to fit my viggen.
Here are some pics
http://viggen93.mine.nu/viggen/IC/
If the IC is built this way the one you see in these pictures is about the biggest you can fit with no modification job needed. Any taller is a no no and same applies to with if the car has A/C. Yes, you can go wider but the A/C dryer need to be replaced. The dryer can been seen on left hand side of IC (right side if looking from front of the car.)
Did you have to remove the front bumper support for yours to fit?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top