Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Xmass, I picked up a set of 385k Candlepower KC daylighters (hick pickuptruck lights). I was going for better lighting and a kind of Rally type look.

Basic install, Finding a spot to mount. I used what I knew about the Viggen front bumper, to find a spot on my bare bumper. They cleared the intercooler fine.

At first I grounded them to the bumper, but this proved to not work, So they are now grounded to the bracket for the horn (beep beep).

I installed the relay on the fender just next to and behind the battery.

This required a yellow line to the Battery.
A black line to ground (neg on bat).
A red line to the lights.
And a green line to the load part of the switch.

The switch I located by the stock light switches.

Just run the white line to the switched 12v source (headlight grey and red)
Another ground stock fuse ground location
and of course the green to the relay.

This was a kit ordered offline, for $150.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice. Can you show pics of them from the front?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
nice dude, i was thinking about mounting some million power ones on my roof, along with a roof rack, ghetto i know, but my dad works for verizon, and they have to have bright headlights in their trucks and stuff, and one of my dad's friends was tired of people high beaming him telling him to dim them when they were already low beam, so he mounted 6 one million power daylighters on the roof, all rigged up to a switch, and when the switch is on, they can be turned on and off with the high beams, and let me tell you, they are FRICKEN BRIGHT!!!! lol, i cannot imagine getting all those shot at me from down the road, i'd like go off the road, lol

oh yeah, this guy also has a hula girl and a mini pink flamingo on his dash, and he listens to don ho, lol, he's a nut, so funny though

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With covers on, now imagine the Viggen bumper.

With the lights on.

And whats wrong with Tiny Bubbles? or Elekaleli? or Pearly shells?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
hey - about time you get a damn bumper you lazy ass mo-fo! lol I mean - it's to the point where you are attaching things to it now to hide the fact that your lacking the cover!!! Nice lights tho - I got a set of duals that I'll put on my 9000 eventually (one of those $60 pair for ricers) But I was given them brand new - so the 9000 will get them on a dry weekend I think. Perhaps I will swap my front bumpers in the process so I can install the Fog lights and these - should give my 9000 a real bright looking rally nose :lol: :p 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
you guys are nuts....

what's:
And whats wrong with Tiny Bubbles? or Elekaleli? or Pearly shells?
what's that?

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
oh, i wouldn't know that, i just know that the guy is nuts, but so funny, like, he works at verizon with my dad and all, and he does funny, stuff, like, prank phone calls, haha, he's awesome, and he can make it so cool, like, call someone, then make it ring again, then make a busy noise, then ringing, he can make people nuts. i love him, he's awesome, omg, once and a while, he'll call a chinese place that delivers, and when they show up, he'll be like, oh, must've been a prank, we can't take that here... it's awesome, what else does he do, let me think... oh oh, he'll make random random noises on peoples phone calls, like, random ringing, and stuff, it's so cool.

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
wait, what's that bottom one, the one with the straight lines, like, under the fog light switch? what's that for? my car doesn't have that, wtf lol

~justin

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
haha, looks like you need a better camera now...

~justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts