Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the kit from ddm tuning. 6k, no warning lights on dash, with the ecodes the light pattern is great. Very happy. Kit was 42 bucks with shipping. Will try to take pictures tonight. Now I need to find a really bright corner light.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Nice, I've had mine in for a year and a half now, and they're awesome! Really make a huge difference with the 9k. For the corners, I just use the Silverstar (I think, not really sure) ones, they're the ones that have the silver coating so they don't show up in the clear corners, and they seem plenty bright.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, I've had mine in for a year and a half now, and they're awesome! Really make a huge difference with the 9k. For the corners, I just use the Silverstar (I think, not really sure) ones, they're the ones that have the silver coating so they don't show up in the clear corners, and they seem plenty bright.
i tried them, they were no brighter then the stock bulbs. im going to try led bulbs. ill get some picts tonight

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
do you have ecodes too? I want to do hids but was going to hold off until I got me some codes

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I am using the hyperwhite LEDs in my parking lights. They look great with the hids. Although I am not sure how the newer 9ks are setup as far as turn signal/corner lights.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
What Im trying to find out is if anyone has hids without the ecodes and if I should just wait til I have the ecodes before hids

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
My friend has HID set up on his (non-ecode) 1993 9000 aero, looks great. I have the ecodes on my car without a HID set up and the lighting is excellent (Osram H1 nightbreaker bulbs)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
do you have ecodes too? I want to do hids but was going to hold off until I got me some codes
Yeah sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been having issues with the site tabs not working. Anyway, i went ahead and popped in the hids without ecodes, and they're definitely wayy better than stock. The 9000 lens isn't as bad as some others, like the 900 and 9-3, so it doesn't screw up the pattern noticeably badly. I mean, it would definitely be better with e-codes, but it's definitely a worthwhile upgrade even without.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yeah sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been having issues with the site tabs not working. Anyway, i went ahead and popped in the hids without ecodes, and they're definitely wayy better than stock. The 9000 lens isn't as bad as some others, like the 900 and 9-3, so it doesn't screw up the pattern noticeably badly. I mean, it would definitely be better with e-codes, but it's definitely a worthwhile upgrade even without.
exactly what I wanted to hear

Got the kit from ddm tuning. 6k, no warning lights on dash, with the ecodes the light pattern is great. Very happy. Kit was 42 bucks with shipping. Will try to take pictures tonight. Now I need to find a really bright corner light.
did you get the 35w or 55w set up?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts