Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i recently got a good deal on a uniden BCT-7 scanner on ebay, it came with this lame stubby antenna that worked horribly.

So, ebay to the rescue again, I bought a glass mounted scanner antenna, kinda looks like the old school cell phone antennas. And it just happens to match my roof mounted FM antenna :) , not to mention the scanner works 100% better now, the coppers are never gonna get me now :twisted: .

So one question, anybody got any ideas on where i can mount the damn scanner that will keep it out of sight in case i do get pulled over? I'm thinkin in the little compartment in front of the shifter. anyway, here's the pics:

Paul

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Looks kewl - and yes - the BCT - 7 is one of my wants for my car. Same issue tho - not sure where one would fit one I get one (I kinda want either the BCT - 10 or 12 unit) cause they are the size of a radar detecor and have a neat and functional wire antenna that runs up and down the side of the windscreen.

·
7,595 Posts
I want either a BTC 12, 8, or 7. I would like to see what the laws about police scanners are exactly. if we all took a simple licensing test, they should be just as legal as a CB radio :D

Prefer not to have to worry about another item I could get hauled away for if some pig figured it would be a good idea to search my car...

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ummm yeah apparently there is a $1000 fine for having one in your car in NY :shock: .

thats why i need to find a good hidden location for it, and as far as i know there isnt any way to make em legal to have in the car (like a special license :( ) but hell, the way i see it, im using the scanner to avoid getting pulled over, so if im using it correctly, i shouldnt get in the position where they could search my car for it, but you can never really tell these days :roll: .

Paul

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
i suggest a hidden mount in the glove box and LOCK it mount with an external speaker like we talked about. So my ham radio license wouldnt make it legal?

oh well i think im gonna pick one up to and hide it under the seat or something...i dont forsee going soo fast that they need to search my car lol

later guys

·
Registered
119 Posts
how does the scanner keep you from getting tickets?Inform you of where the cops are parked?

·
Registered
352 Posts
scanner lets you listen in on police chat....find out what's going on where

it's not like the scanner is tied in to a gps with a map of the city so you can see little red dots moving all over the screen
that would be cool though.....can you catch me now?

·
7,595 Posts
saabvos said:
scanner lets you listen in on police chat....find out what's going on where

it's not like the scanner is tied in to a gps with a map of the city so you can see little red dots moving all over the screen
that would be cool though.....can you catch me now?
oooohhhh man lmao... that would be SO cool :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts