Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW M5 V10 incredible sound!
Sounds practically like a CGT. Really incredible. I drove an M5 stock and was not in love. With an exhaust like this...i would reconsider.

anyways, here's the culprit.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and an all-time favorite. f355 is the best ferrari v8 sound. later cars with larger displacements have muddled the crispness.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Sorry man, but it sounds too ricey for a street car. Not what I would like on my BMW if I had one. That would be OK on a racing BMW, however, but not on a street one, even if tuned.

The sound on the Porsche, however, is fitting. Don't ask me why.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Oldie but a goodie. Two minutes of bliss. Ferrari/Shell commercial.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if anybody has the fantastic "victory by design" ferrari episode...please post.
when alan decadnet fires up the 333sp, i shoot glue!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts

if that doesnt top your "ultimate exhaust" list you are gay

·
Registered
890 Posts
Classic Ferrari V12 sound... this is orgasmic in person!

Berlinetta Boxer is also awesome

·
Registered
1,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
http://saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47015

There are some great clips in that thread...

All those supras sound like generic inline 4's with a hoover attachment. Yes they are incredibly powerful but please don't claim them as great exhaust sounds.and please don't include them in this thread.

The s6 sounds awesome, though :)

And the c900 content is welcome. Not sure what makes a c900 have such a burbly note, but its sexy!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Having a very hard time finding a flat 6 911 with a truly juicy exhaust note. No matter what the scribes say, and no matter how much a fan I may be of 911's, the sound is not, and has never been, world class.

If anybody cares to find a e36 m3 with the silky riiiip sound i'd love. To. Hear it.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a great 15min vid of me driving a 355 in va and summit point that a friend recorded over 2 days of fun. Can't find it now and I'm pissed! Regular 8mm camcorder footage that he converted to avi.

So in other words, borrow any camcorder or even use your point n shoot to make some memories. I saw your car. Carlisle and it looked great. Would like to hear it.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts