Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for my first reply. :D It's not a matter of having a saab right now but I will be getting one in the next week after I take it out for a spin. It is a 1995 Saab 900 S. I can't wait to take it out this week and as soon as I can I'll try to maybe post some pictures. 8)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Great!! Glad your here. Can't wait to see some pictures, and I hope we can offer you some good info 8)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Info

It is automatic. I like driving manual but I'm am REALLY bad at it so automatic suite me well. It is a used car with about 79,XXX miles on it, which isn't too bad. And unfortunatly I'm kind of on a tight car budget so I could not get the leather seats. But I couldn't be happier to be getting a Saab. :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also

Also I hope I can get some good tips for modifications for the Saab so when I have the money, I can make it fast.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
you can make it Zippy ;) a NA Saab can really never be FAST :p lol but there are mods out there and we can help tell you what many of them are. Sounds really really low on mileage - almost new! Look at my signature to see how many I have on my 9000T :lol: 8)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
meaning it'll get you where you want fairly quick - but nowhere as FAST as a Turbo car :) What is the stock rated HP on it as it comes? You can do Cam upgrades, Air Intake, Exhaust, Anything Air-Flow related really... and maybe an ECU update.... if ya have the money, but then again - it's only a NA Saab :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh well

Maybe someday I'll be a millionaire and I can buy 10 Saab 9-3 Viggens and use them to pull my chariot. :wink: But for now I will be happy with my non-turbo Saab. It is still one snazzy looking car 8)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
welcome to the saablink, you have the same car as me, except i have a 97, lol

~justin

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah im new too

Yeah, this site was recommended to me by someone who left a post on my cardomain website (www.cardomain.com/id/swedester). Im just getting a feel for the place right now. As for my Saab:
Last year i picked up a 1984(im 18......that makes it older than me, which i think is cool) Saab 900s 8v, 5spd manual, a little over 175k on it at this point. still runs great...though it can be tempramental in the cold. Im at school at RISD now, and have little time to work on it, but have done a decent amount of body work (enough to pass inspection), overhauled the front brakes, installed some foglights, but overall trying my best to clean her up......restore her to her former glory.
.......and then maybe after that i'd like to look into making her a little more zippy, the 2.0L in her now puts out 110 horsepower, not bad, but im pretty sure im not getting that much out of her at this point. If at all possible i'd like to make her autocross worthy (amature style). so yeah, that about wraps it up.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice to have both you here. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts