Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so got home yesterday shut the car off put the top up, then went to go somewhere and she wouldnt start. so i pulled off the coil pack and couldnt get a spark. i even held an old plug inthere with my hands and nothing. so im thinking a new ing cassette right?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Perhaps. Do you know how old it is/when it was last replaced?

Could also be the CPS(Crank Pos. Sensor). Do you see the tachometer jumping when you try to start the car?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Automatic or Manual car? Would it be a 2001 9-3 by any chance?

When you turn the key on - do all of the dash lights come on?
When you turn the key to start does NOTHING happen - no click, no crank?

If yes to Both above and you have an Automatic - replace your Neutral Safety Switch -this is a COMMON failure on 2001 Automatic Saab's (not sure why 2001 was the main year - but it was)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
so got home yesterday shut the car off put the top up, then went to go somewhere and she wouldnt start. so i pulled off the coil pack and couldnt get a spark. i even held an old plug inthere with my hands and nothing. so im thinking a new ing cassette right?
Good thing somethings wrong in there, hanging onto a plug when that sucker does a burn off will knock you off your feet dude

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
i have had the gm 45,000volts before when we where messing with a bad hei module. (80 regal with a moded 350 ick motor) how much does a saab run?
so I see you learn quicky ;)

The Saab DI unit will run in the 40,000 volt range per coil - give or take a few thousand. You do realize however the "after burn" discharge cycle is called 1000 fires of light for a reason ;) about 1000 hits of 40,000 volts in under 20 seconds would not feel nice :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I read about how turbos do that, kinda cool. and that would have sucked to get that amount that fast. so SAABs really arent that high huh. dont get me wrong we stuck a probe inside and you can see how clean they burn. (i use shell prem and you can see you read the saab stamp and all the numbers. i really need to get some pics loaded up on here)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts