Saab Link Forums banner

If you have questions about viggens, i might be able to help

2K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  goviggen 
#1 ·
as a former viggen owner, i will be more than happy to try and answer any comments questions one might have.
While I presently am driving a '03 9-3 Arc, my memory isnt that faded as of yet

#3 ·
never had a problem with the spoiler rattling. my problem with the rims came from my driving philly area ,NYC streets and potholes. No matter what I did trying to avoid them, the wheels always seemed to find a dip. After I replaced three rims, I found there was a class action lawsuit against saab and the rims, but I never got anywhere with them. Funny thing was that in the 2003 brochures from Saab, they wrote that 17" rims, and the z rated tires are not designed for use in areas like the northeast US. The suggestion was that it would be better in areas like florida, arizona, etc where the roads aren't fouled up like there are in the northeast.

#5 ·
BurnsSide42 said:
ha, if i owned a Viggen it would never see 309 ;) That road needs to get re-done BADLY!
lol, I did drive 309, from montg mall to chambersburg, on my way to trade it in in Easton. But seriously, I used to go to costco in montgomeryville quite often in the viggen, but the worst is driving down south street from penn campus to get to broad st

#6 ·
Construction is so damn slow and painful on my car....they cut out big rectangles in the road and put steel plates over them to go back the next day....but they pop out of no where....i mean i could be going to school then i come back the same road and all of a sudden theres basically a speed bump in the middle of the road. Lancaster Avenue has been horrible along with all the roads around the King of Prussia Mall. Penndot sucks or whoever does the damn construction.

#9 ·
It's a BIG lot - and my mom just renewed her membership so I intend to go a little more often now. I need a cheap battery anyways ;) lol But I uestion "Kirkland Brand" items from time to time.... I may just use my friends Sears Discount and get a Real Battery. But yeah - they are much better then Sam's Club no question.

#13 ·
basically if you wanted to turbo your car you would want to lower the compresion ratio, put new cams in, of course u need exhaust manifold, intercooler, probably bigger injectors......everything you can think of

#15 ·
saabguy said:
i'm pretty sure that didn't answer my question at all....

i'm not talking just engine differences, i'm talking interior, exterior, everything...

~justin
for the answer. i think it would be in your best interest to go to a site like edmunds.com or kbb.com, and look at the info there about the viggen as well as a older 900. tryng to put the info into a form you are looking for, will be very time consuming for me to try and develop.

#16 ·
basically it would cost you less time, money, and work to just buy a viggen.....almost the whole interior is different in the viggen from the engine all the way to the floor mats. The suspension....the body kit would costs thousands even used. The seats cost a good deal even used as well. Im pretty sure the transmission is uprated from that of a regular 9-3's. So my advice is dont even try to convert to a viggen

#17 ·
#22 ·
i think cause they dont want you to order a viggen kit unless u have a viggen and are just ordering a new front bumper or somehting cause ur old one was damaged. so u just get the vin from someone and pretend you have one :)

#26 ·
hmm........u have a convertible? i just noticed when i was lookin at the post. I have a 5 Door. So the sideskirts are gonna be different. The front and rear bumpers will be identical im pretty sure but PM me if u still want my vin. Otherwise if u want sideskirts too u will have to find a convertible :?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.