Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was cleaning a few things under the hood, namely the IAC and purge valve ( thinking the purge valve is causing my random stalls, hesitation at idle). It's a 1998 900 SE, auto, 150k miles on it, with no real mods to speak of. Basically stock, so no funny equipment or software issues complicating things. Now the damn thing runs worse than before, since I could almost tolerate the occasional sputter from it rather than this. Seems it wants to shift into second at anything over 10 mph, has odd rpm surges below 45mph, and the idle will jump up higher than normal when engaging gears or parking. I tried a spare IAC that I had, which didn't seem to do anything for it. Both of them looked clean, and I can't find any vacuum leaks.

Very odd, and I'm not amused by this, as I now have to drive my gf's Isuzu if I need to take a car (hate that stupid thing, I like my central locks and center key switch). Luckily, I ride my bicycle to work so the car isnt making life total hell. Just not sure if Im overlooking something.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After some online reading, I saw that a guy on SC with a T5 9-3 had something somewhat the same, and he replaced the TPS and this cured it. I guess that could be my problem, but I'm still looking for a second opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts