Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay - so as many of you know I am currently getting near the point of building the motor for my 89 SPG project car - and once that car is on the road it'll be a year or so before I get the body work done (re-paint) and little flares here and there - in car PC and so on... but I'll hafta store the 9K. My future plans for that are to get a 2.3T motor and 5 speed and harness to upgrade it in a few years - rebuild the motor and do it up right. Fix the body right - the floors, and re-do the wheel well properly so that everything is seemless. My thoughts as I laid under the 9000 the other night were prolly mere dreams then actual ideas that will make it past this post. The entire sub frame looks as if I could remove it so that a custom on could be re-fabricated much like KevinY has done for much of his ng900 - but to make it longer. Thus stretching the nose on the 9000 further out in order to mount the motor longitudinal - like the c900 was. This WOULD take some serious fabricating - and I don't even think it would work cause of the transmission, but if it were doable there could be a driveshaft ran (in my mind anyways) to the rear wheels and put a new axle on. The thought of a RWD 2.3T 9000 from 1987 just makes me wet at the lips. I dunno - it's more or less if I only had the shop, time and money to do it. I think what WILL happen is the 2.3 conversion in all due time. Would make for a nice sleeper - and I would remove all it's current markings and have it re-painted as a new car - and such. Dreams Dreams Dreams - something will come of this 9000 one day - thats for sure. I mean - why sell it - not like I'm going to get much for it.... unless I have someone interested? $1500 to anyone on TSL - $2000 to anyone else is my asking price - I won't go lower then $1500 - so don't even try. I know she's an old gal - but I've put about $1500 of parts into her alone - not to mention my wrench time - and the purchase cost. And I kinda just don't wanna sell her so by asking a ot I know it won't go :? Enough of my late nite Saab rant - peace & happiness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts