Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
www.icerace.com

looks like theyre racing this Sunday at Caroga Lake, NY, looks to be a rather large contingency of saabs racing, heres an interesting vid that was on the site http://www.icerace.com/AMEC Video Test.mpg.

this weekend should be perfect weather for it too, looks like it should be sunny and a balmy 26 degrees, not too shabby compared to the -30ish temps theyve been getting up there lately.

Anyone interested? Think i'll be making the trip for the day.

Paul

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
from the site for those of you unfamiliar with iceracing:

The Adirondack Motor Enthusiast Club (A.M.E.C.) Celebrates its 50th. anniversary this year. We have also completed our 38th year of ice racing. A.M.E.C. Ice Racing is the safest and most inexpensive form of road racing available today. We race 8 classes of cars on approximately 1 to 1½ mile road courses on frozen lakes in northeastern NY from mid January until early March. All regular classes run on studded ice racing tires (available from Menard Racing in Wisconsin)(715)-876-2681. We also have one "Street Legal" studded street snow tire class. Normal turnout is 50 to 60 entries.

The classes run from mild to wild--from under 1500cc box stock cars to custom designed tube frame cars with up to 5.8 liter engines that are capable of running well over 100 mph. There are two stock type classes {C & D}, one for heavily modified stock type cars {B},one for All Wheel Drive, {AWD}, a Street Legal class, a Street Legal class with Menard racing tires, and one class for exotic tube frame cars {A}. PLEASE SEE THE FULL COPY OF THE RULES BELOW.

The race format is for two heat races for each class and one finale race including all [Menard] class cars. The heat races are about 20 minutes long and the finale from 30 to 40 minutes long. Normally races are held each Sunday during the season (weather and ice conditions permitting) but there may be one or more full weekend events. We also hold an annual "Studs on Ice" time trial event, which is a solo Autocross type timed event. For further information see choices below.
Paul

·
7,595 Posts
put me down as a maybe- I'm kind of out of gas and I have spent WAY too much money this week, so I don't know... try and convince me later and maybe I'll go :lol:

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so went to the ice race this past weekend, good time, lots of interesting cars there, 3 9k's, a 2 notchbacks and a 4 door c900, along with a crazy ass mid-engined c900 powered ice racing beast:

that thing was silly fast...unitl it flipped over :shock: no problem tho, just got it rolled back over and finished the race :shock: :shock: .

here's a few more pics, not all of em mine:
two fast 9k's

beat volvo p1800

cool citroen ice racer, oddly its front wheel drive.

street legal class 9k...lapping some cars :shock: (its about a 1 mile long course)

one of my favorites

have quite a few more pics here

next race is this sunday the 6th at Canadarago Lake in Richfield Springs, NY. I might be going up to see that one too if anyone wants to meet up there. its really something to see.

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts