Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined a little while ago for the Carlisle details and just now deciding to introduce myself. I purchased a 2006 9-3 Aero a little over a year ago with 26k miles. I've since put 16k miles on it, tuned by VTuner (Stage 0) and done a few other minor tweaks. I must say that this is the best car I've owned despite a few minor (and major!) issues. I love how it eats the miles and will do 30mpg and make ~330bhp.

Also in the family is my Mom's '08 TurboX which will also be making an appearance at Carlisle this year.

Saab and my old Explorer:

·
User
9,193 Posts
Sorry, but I have to ask... is your mom hot? A hot mom driving a TurboX could be a winning combo! ;)

All kidding aside, welcome!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

Sorry, my mom is taken. ;)

The Aero is definitely a good looking car. I love getting looks when driving down the road. The 2.8t is a fantastic engine. I love the power delivery and how smooth it is. It did pop a rear main seal at 35k miles but that was replaced under warranty thankfully along with the clutch.

Yes, born and raised Pennsyltuckian. :)

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
welcome!

that's interesting about the rear main. i wonder if that's an unusual problem for the 2.8.

i've always been curious to drive a tuned v6. they feel so lazy and bottled up in stock form.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's pretty amazing tuned. It's very restrained in stock form. I detuned for winter and it's amazing how lazy and ignorant the whole thing becomes.

My service advisor said this is the first that they've seen a failed seal in the 2.8. Whether it was BS I have no idea. But I'm not going to complain about it. I got a clutch replacement paying for parts only.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm out that was every now and again. I have family in King of Prussia. I'm down for supper sometime!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts