Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still chasing down some issues with the idle problem on my 99 9-3 3Door. The issue I'm having the the IAC seems to be commanded closed instead of open. The car will run (a bit roughly) with the IAC unplugged, but as soon as you plug it in, it dies. I have a second IAC from the junkyard and when its plugged in, it immediately snaps shut, and stays shut even when the car is chugging along at 400RPM.

What's going on here? Only code I have is p0300, random misfire.

·
10,303 Posts
I would try and snag an evap purge solenoid too. I grabbed a few from the yard to fix a prev fix. 1st fix was cummy idle and random stalling. The Evap thingy from the 95 900 fixed the idle but caused a cel. So I picked up 2 extras and and waiting for the code to go away.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found but not fixed yet. Camshaft timing was to blame. The exhaust cam was advanced one tooth, causing the valves to open/close too early. Was only getting 10-12in hg at 1000rpm and 18-20 at 1500 RPM just revving the engine. No vac on a map car like this == no request for the IAC to open, and the trapped exhaust kept making the fresh fuel/air charge stale at low rpms causing the misfire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts