Saab Link Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
^^ Stage 1 05 would be cheaper than an 06. Only costs 3-400 to but a used AccessPort.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
i'm actually not really worried about hp numbers and whatnot right now, i'd just like to have a nice car that i can enjoy stock and will fare well and be easy enough to drive through winters.

looking around on craigslist
http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/934014530.html

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/964307317.html
Price is terrible on the first one. I am now seeing 90-100k cars for as low as $8k. I think I even saw a 50k 06' for 10,500 on the board recently.

The 2nd one, price is solid, but its an auto.

Expect on average to find a stock or lightly modded 05' 5mt with about 30k for about $14-15k.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Definitely do not get an 05 in auto. That's the mistake I made, and the only reason I sold it. For around city, the turbo lag combined with that transmission was unbearable.
X2.

The only reason the Linear I tool around in is fun to drive is the 5spd. The 2.5L NA is not THAT bad with an auto, I drove one. But a 2.0 turbo with a 4eat is fail sauce.

It really is not that hard to find 5mt Aero's.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
under no circumstances will i buy an automatic car, i used crazedlist to search the whole north east and those are the only 3 i found on craigslist

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
under no circumstances will i buy an automatic car, i used crazedlist to search the whole north east and those are the only 3 i found on craigslist
If you are serious, I would put more effort into the 9-2x board. They seem to have about 1-3 cars pop up for sale a week. People there are reasonable when it comes to asking prices...they know what they have. It's not Saabnet pricing.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
yeah, still just browsing though. i don't want to buy a car until after carlisle. i'm going to take a ride to the local saab dealers to see what they have on their lots and hopefully test drive at least one car. that all depends on how the snow is this weekend. thanks for your opinions and info guys.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If you are serious, I would put more effort into the 9-2x board. They seem to have about 1-3 cars pop up for sale a week. People there are reasonable when it comes to asking prices...they know what they have. It's not Saabnet pricing.
i'm in the process of registering on there now

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
yeah, still just browsing though. i don't want to buy a car until after carlisle. i'm going to take a ride to the local saab dealers to see what they have on their lots and hopefully test drive at least one car. that all depends on how the snow is this weekend. thanks for your opinions and info guys.
I get so much shit when I post about car purchases I plan on making 6 months from now lol.

9-2x's are rare to find at Saab dealers. Mine seems to get one every 6 months at the most.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
yeah lol if people wanna give me shit i can handle it. i want to make a very educated decision as this purchase (if it happens) will be the most expensive car of mine as of yet. money doesn't come too easily and i want to be sure i spend smart. unlike all of the $ i have dumped into my ng.

i know one of the two dealers has at least one on their lot, but it's an auto, the other dealer doesn't have a website for me to browse, they are a saab only dealer.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
so i went and checked out one dealer lot today, all they had was 2 '05 linears, and poorly optioned, only one had heated seats and both were auto. i hope it doesn't take forever to find a decent deal on what i want. maybe i'll have to resort to private sellers.

i did spot an '03 OG9-3 se off in a corner, all black leather interior, for $10k, but that was also an auto.

i thought the OG's ended in '02? maybe it was a very late '02?

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
so i went and checked out one dealer lot today, all they had was 2 '05 linears, and poorly optioned, only one had heated seats and both were auto. i hope it doesn't take forever to find a decent deal on what i want. maybe i'll have to resort to private sellers.

i did spot an '03 OG9-3 se off in a corner, all black leather interior, for $10k, but that was also an auto.

i thought the OG's ended in '02? maybe it was a very late '02?
02' was the last year except for 03's verts.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
there's a couple pics on the first page of this thread. they were only made for the '05 and '06 model years. it's a subaru wrx wagon disguised as a saab. same drivetrain as the wrx, but some things on the 9-2x aero are upgraded. IIRC mainly just the suspension. the front fascia looks a lot better than the wrx too.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
there's a couple pics on the first page of this thread. they were only made for the '05 and '06 model years. it's a subaru wrx wagon disguised as a saab. same drivetrain as the wrx, but some things on the 9-2x aero are upgraded. IIRC mainly just the suspension. the front fascia looks a lot better than the wrx too.
The Saab had a STI steering rack, a bit more sound deadening, and slightly different suspension tuning. Aside from the body work front and rear, seat fabric-color, everything else is identical.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts