Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning on buying a new car in either late spring or summer . i've been looking at subarus and saabs. i really want the awd and turbo, and i really want a saab. so this seems to be the logical solution. but i don't want a linear. i've been searching auto trader and ebay and these cars seem to be hard to find. every aero i see is an auto. did they only come with an auto?

also, how do you guys like your saabaru?

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
No, fair amount of 5spds out there. Check the 9-2x forum. There have been some tasty cars for sale lately, prices are down too, under $15k for low mileage 05's Aero's.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks Imran, i'm not ready to buy right now though, i need to save up a down payment and get the ng set for a decent trade in. hopefully i can find something cpo'd with a decent warranty.

so i'm going to give myself some good time to shop around

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Keep both cars...

Trade in value on a saab... ha.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would keep both, but then i would have three cars, and insurance on just two is more than i can handle. i would need to have full coverage on the 9-2x, also. so actually i'll probably be downsizing to just one car if i can find what i'm looking for.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
man you put all this work into the NG and now you'll trade it in?

you should keep it as a beater. i like the 9-2x's alot though.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
sell it right out then.

Trade ins are a joke.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i can't justify keeping the ng, i'll see what dealers are willing to give me on a trade in and if it's under like $1200 i'll just see what i can do about selling it.

i'm planning on finishing my trans am to a point where it is running and operating properly, i'll probably give it a quick driveway paint job and sell it. then sell the saab, i may be able to get enough saved to pay for at least half of the car in cash.

and if all goes well i'm sure i can find a decent c900 for a beater/project.

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
if you are serious about this, i would abandon your gauge project.

a car that is easier to put back to stock is much easier to sell.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was just thinking about that, i know there are kids around here that will pay a lot for modified cars. a bunch of the kids at the local HS are always oogling over the turbo and bov and everything. they've offered to buy the car in the past, but i can't trust their word. AT ALL

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Trade it in to my local dealer, then i can buy it for what they you traded it in for :p having connections FTW but honestly i dont think i would want to sell my car after i put so much work into it, strip it down and make it a track car :p

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i don't really need anymore gauges than what i already have. i have a new dash face coming in tomorrow. so i will be able to put my headlight switch back to the stock position. i mainly want to sell the ng while it is still worth a decent penny. if something should happen to it through the winter sure it would suck but not a huge loss. i have plenty of time to work this plan over in my mind. i'm still planning on taking the ng to carlisle though.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
'06 has the 2.5 liter motor rather than the '05's 2.0. More low end torque.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts