·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
What are you looking for in brake pads?
just opinions

i am a spirited driver that made this set of pads last over 80k

so i want pads that will perform a lil

I've had good experience with the EBC Reds, so has Christian when he had his vert. When it's time for brakes on my '99, I plan on going to those again.
probly what i was gonna go with
where did you order them from? F&R right?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
I did some research for my brothers Viggen.

Seems like people like Hawk HPS+ pads, as well as EBC Yellow stuff.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
probly what i was gonna go with
where did you order them from? F&R right?
When I did them on my '96, I did F&R pad and rotors at the same time.

I don't remember where I got the EBC pads from, I just googled it and looked for where they were cheapest.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I have nothing but good things to say about my EBC Redstuff pads. I overhauled the brakes on my ng900 with EBC Redstuff pads, EBC rotors (do not recommend), and Motul RBF600 fluid and those brakes would never quite regardless of how hard you beat on them.

They did not dust anymore than the stockers did and made a night and day difference; basically, the harder you work them, the better they get.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had EBC red stuff on my viggen front and rear and I really didnt like them. They were good when I first put them on but degraded rapidly. Their hard on the rotors, the squeal, and they dont bite well until their warmed up. I changed to Hawk HPS and thats the pad I will stick with from now on, their great for daily driving, and Im a spirited driver as well.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
A good street pad I found was the Akebono Euro Ceramic - NO dust, ok performance. Not a track pad for sure though.

If I was going for an "OEM replacement" that's what I'd go for.

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A good street pad I found was the Akebono Euro Ceramic - NO dust, ok performance. Not a track pad for sure though.

If I was going for an "OEM replacement" that's what I'd go for.
those i can get through the shop's parts supplier

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Hawk hps all the way, akebono pro act were good but didnt perform nearly as well as the hawks. Hawks really dirty your rims if that matters to you. 100+ mph stops are confident.
As stated above, they don't have them for the '94-'96 NG900's. Unless someone has a hidden source somewhere.

Hawk makes them for the '97+

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
EBC yellows. They were giving some squeaks until their first track experience... maybe just because they were new? But they stop hard and hold up to a lot more abuse in one sitting than stock ones :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts