Saab Link Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
7,595 Posts
Does Blaque have anything to do with TSL anymore? I thought he had gotten his check and walked out the door long ago...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
So is TSL heading down the tubes? Maybe I should check out saabworld.net

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
instead of letting it head down the tube why not save it ?
Because it can't be saved now that it's owned by a faceless, soulless corporation.

Autoguide/VerticalScope has bought up every car/motorcycle forum they could, and they've turned everyone of them to shit.

Log out and see how many ads are plastered across this site.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I hate these zingzach-luca "I'm done" announcement threads. Completely unnecessary.

How about logging off, and not logging back on again? And I thought I was a prima donna.
Ha, well said Aaron. Unfortunately for TSL, many of the personalities that made it one of the best Saab forums around have left, a void that I don't think could ever be filled.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Never heard of saabworld, signed up now :)

PS: Pic uploading sucks :th_thumbsdownsmiley

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm with tweek on this one, I'm done as well. Oliversexpedition is right though, pic upload does suck...one small detail though...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
This site does kinda suck sometimes with broken quote and sketchy notifcations, but there is never very much traffic in the workshop area of Saabworld it seems. Needs a mass exodus of sorts.

On a somewhat related note, anyone try visiting TSC recently?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Ill also admit that this site blows at some times, some things not working the way it should, the forum itself being sold out to ads and stupid pointless bullshit like NOPI cause who gives a fuck about that.

Sorry if i come off as a dick, but some of you take this site waaaay too seriously....chill the fuck out already....

Im serious....stop crying.

on a different note, ive checked out saabworld.net, idk if i like it...like fiveiron said...not alot of shit going on in the workshop department. but...its a pretty new site, so i guess id have to give it time.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
One site will never be enough. Sucks having to search many different sites when looking for very specific information. But it's the same for any interest/hobby.

TSL is always my goto, but I of course use other Saab forums as well.

Maybe the mods see more then us common folk, but beyond the ads when logged out and the occasional feature not working, I don't notice much of a difference.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Sorry if i come off as a dick, but some of you take this site waaaay too seriously....chill the fuck out already....

Im serious....stop crying.
some of us have been here since the inception in like 03 and the hayday years, its said to see the downfall of this place, but it is happening, and we cant do shit about it.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
some of us have been here since the inception in like 03 and the hayday years, its said to see the downfall of this place, but it is happening, and we cant do shit about it.
Really seems to me that any "downfall" has a lot more to do with individuals changing than anything with the site or its ownership. As much as some people may not want to admit it, general asshattery and an almost complete lack of censorship are what brought a lot of traffic here "in the day."

Combine that with a surge of cheap 10 year old Saab's into the hands of 16-24 year olds and, well, you know what happened. Almost everyone who came here did so because they were sick of getting bitched at by old British men every time they made a post. At first, there was nearly NO searchable technical information... People came for the lulz, the cat pics and the epic flaming of all War Stories. The fact that DeLorean and PaulH proved to be the DIY Saab Mechanics Encyclopedia(along with others, not trying to leave anyone out) was awesome, but Off-Topic was always the most popular part of the site.

Yeah, I haven't been here since the very beginning... But definitely been here for the most active years and that is what got this place really going.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Well lets just continue what we are doing now. Talking about Cars.

:signs065: 98 percent of us couldn't give a shit about the politics.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.