Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scouring the forums and I can't find a case specifically like mine regarding the alarm system.

For the past few weeks my alarm has been going off in this cold up here in Chicago, but unlike all these other stories my trunk is open for every one of these. I'm nowhere near my keys and the car is locked up tight every time I leave it. When the alarm begins to go off, it shuts off with the key easily enough and the trunk hasn't failed to be open yet.

I'm terribly curious as to why my trunk keeps unlocking and if a few melted inches of snow could have seeped into something somewhere to short it or something. The best part is that the trunk issue actually reared it's ugly head back in Alabama round about November but the alarm part only started about 2 or so weeks ago.

How does my trunk keep popping and why did the alarm only start getting triggered once I got up here to Chicago?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
something shorting out the trunk release?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Educated guess:
Its not a problem with the alarm but the trunk release mechanism. If the car is locked and the trunk opens and the alarm is tripped, so your trunk is broken causing the alarm to go off.

Perhaps there is ice somewhere in the mechanism?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was up in Chicago for the last couple of weeks with my 07 Aero. Other then the windshield washer pump freezing I had no issue. I agree with it has to be in the trunk. Maybe the emergency cord on the inside is obstructed in some way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts