Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
squirrels suck.

The wife's car gets driven 200 miles on Monday/Tuesday and then is parked until the next Monday.

Tuesday she said she had a light out. So after putting on her winter tires I remember to change the lamp and found this:

Also had about 30 acorns in the light housing.

They also had hood insulation ripped all to hell. Took that out as it was no longer staying up and then had to take out the light, disassemble, fix wire and put it back together. A 5 minute job became a 2 hour job.

Argh.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pal had me come over to help "and stop at NAPA and get a whole wiring set for a Pinto", so I bring it and he is perplexed about the level of devastation under the hood. All the wires are gnawed and many are gone.

His wife pulls in driving the other family Pinto and a fat woodchuck comes up the driveway and disappears under the hood. I told him to go pound on the hood and the picture was a "Kodak moment"; Wally meets Mr. Chuck. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Those little fuckers are my biggest fear with my 9k being parked for the winter. We once had them eat the timing belt off a Chrysler LeBaron... which we discovered after we tried to start it. Off to the junkyard with that one...

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Yeah, I try not to park under trees and whatnot.

Once this year I parked under a pine tree. I was picking the pine needles off the car and out from inside the air box for awhille.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Last year, our resident squirrels had been using the liner of the BBQ cover as a source of nest material until I took it away. So the little buggers moved over to the one yr old Mazda3 and proceded to remove bits of the hood liner and 50% of the insulation on the firewall.

I got a couple with a rat trap and another couple with my new pellet gun but there's still plenty chittering at me from the trees. The dog wants to learn to climb trees.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Shake-Away in little sachets made from stockings tucked inside the hood liner will keep those bastards at bay.

We had a group of red squirrels living at the house one year. One Fall day I'm in the yard raking and I see them jumping one-by-one off the trees and onto my 2nd story bay window and then disappearing into my attic via a hole they chewed into the side of my house--fuck. I came down from the back yard and got a ladder to have a closer look. All the trees were full of them and they started screeching like crazy when I put the ladder up. I was so pissed off I picked up a rock and hurled it blindly into the nearest tree. Contact! I pegged a squirrel with the first shot and the little fucker came candlesticking down through the tree branches and landed with a mini thud on the ground. It suddenly got deathly quiet. That shut those little bastards up. I went over and the squirrel was just twitching on the ground. Mixed emotions--on one hand I was thinking; "I am awesome, I just killed a squirrel with one throw of a stone." On the other hand I was a little sad seeing this small critter I'd just snuffed. The upside is that the squirrels never came back the next year. I think some of the local cats had as much to do with that though.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Except when they climb on my vert and clean themselves.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I have a Rabbit problem - good news however, they are getting plump. I also have a Garter Snake nest around my house too. I've got two on my porch in a jar for over a week now, I need to relocate them elsewhere. I'm thinking a neighbors basement....

I hate squirrels too - they are easy to shoot with a pellet gun or anything really. They are dumb as dirt. I like to start my vintage up in the garage now and again - doors shut and let it idle for a few minutes with the choke on. Of course I'm not in there for this - but once I shut her down - anything that was alive, isnt going to be for much longer. lol

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I hate squirrels too - they are easy to shoot with a pellet gun or anything really. They are dumb as dirt. I like to start my vintage up in the garage now and again - doors shut and let it idle for a few minutes with the choke on. Of course I'm not in there for this - but once I shut her down - anything that was alive, isnt going to be for much longer. lol
Yeah, that'll work. :) I had a gopher nesting under the sidewalk around my pool a couple years ago. I hooked a garden hose up to my tail pipe on my truck and stuck the end down in the hole for about a 1/2 hour--no more gopher.

·
Registered
433 Posts
All the trees were full of them and they started screeching like crazy when I put the ladder up. I was so pissed off I picked up a rock and hurled it blindly into the nearest tree. Contact! I pegged a squirrel with the first shot and the little fucker came candlesticking down through the tree branches and landed with a mini thud on the ground. It suddenly got deathly quiet.
I like to start my vintage up in the garage now and again - doors shut and let it idle for a few minutes with the choke on. Of course I'm not in there for this - but once I shut her down - anything that was alive, isnt going to be for much longer. lol
Man, I LOL'd a long time over both of these...

·
Registered
369 Posts
1'st father in law was a retired Navy pilot and old Virginnie hill boy and racist. :rolleyes:

So he calls me down to the old Toyota FJ as he loads 2 Have-A-Heart traps in the back with a pair of black and white skunks. "Get in", but me, I'm not getting in that tiny jeep like thing with two skunks in a warr' cage.

"Do you think skunks are stupid enough to spray in a small are where they are going to get sprayed? Now get in" We were going to let them go in a neighbors garden that he was having a feud with.
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts