Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive saved like 500 bucks aside for car stuff...

i need to decide whether i wanna get rims

or

intake, cross-driller rotors in the front, and an intercooler spray system....

what do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any reason behind that?lol

my issue is i live in a looks oriented town...car aint cool if it isnt show worthy...most ppl could care less who youve beaten...so thats my problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,805 Posts
eh, i say "go" is always better than "show". make it go fast first, then make it look good, it much more fun to beat folks in a regular looking saab anyway, really makes some people angry :lol: .

besides, most of the cars that look good around middletown are slooow as hell anyway, or are in primer :roll: .

oh and if anyone gives you shit aobut the car just remid them of this "if you start out with shit, you end up with shit." (i.e. a honda will always be just a honda.)

Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,049 Posts
PaulH said:
eh, i say "go" is always better than "show". make it go fast first, then make it look good, it much more fun to beat folks in a regular looking saab anyway, really makes some people angry :lol: .

besides, most of the cars that look good around middletown are slooow as hell anyway, or are in primer :roll: .
This is so true - and that is how I plan to build my SPG. First the motor and trans, then the brakes and suspension - once it's road worthy make it legal, then begin the body work.

PaulH said:
oh and if anyone gives you shit aobut the car just remid them of this "if you start out with shit, you end up with shit." (i.e. a honda will always be just a honda.)
Paul
lol - yeah - that's funny. Once a Saab - always a Saab...
now - I've seen Honda's that started out as Honda's but when you add a blown 454 to a CRX - it's not a honda no more :lol: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dunno....theres some serious cars around my town...some new club alled street nemesis started showin up from the city...it includes a twin hks turbo supra :roll:

so i dunno...i have no idea
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
An intake isn't likely to make any power at all, and if done poorly, will probably rob power. Cross drilled rotors - If you want a bump in brake performance, I'd reccomend new fluid, stainless lines, and upgraded pads before fancy rotors. IC spray - unless you're pushing lots more boost than stock, you probably won't notice a difference.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and reccomend wheels. ;) If you want to impress people with your car, and the people you want to impress would be impressed by wheels, then it should be an obvious choice. And, IMHO, there's nothing wrong with that.

However, if you're planning on keeping the car for a long time and adding lots of other go-fast parts, you might want to invest your money there even if the particular parts you're adding now won't do anything until you get other bits.

But, while we're on the subject, what about suspension mods? Unless you're bumping up the boost, there's really no effective way to get more power cheaply from a turbo engine. But, *any* mostly-stock car will benefit (usually in a huuuuuuge way) from $500 in suspension parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
584 Posts
saabkid37 said:
i dunno....theres some serious cars around my town...some new club alled street nemesis started showin up from the city...it includes a twin hks turbo supra :roll:

so i dunno...i have no idea
Ask yourself this question. Are you modifying your car to impress other people, or modifying it to make it more enjoyable to yourself?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i do it for myself..but i like it when ppl are like wow thats a saab??

i already have poly rear sway bushes and swedish dynamics springs...not much else to do suspension wise.

i was thinking about the wheels...but then i thought 17's might make it look raised up and dumb? cuz ive seen some really bad lookin cars like that. maybe grab some cheap 16's and the go the best of both worlds??


-nate
 

·
HNNLIC
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
Then it looks like you've already made up your mind :roll:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top