Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very happy about the price. I am only concerned with the airbags and if I can swap them from my current seats. I would rather not have to involve the dealer at all, but at the very least I would probably need them to clear an airbag code.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320124139248
Any idea what my stock seats are worth? They are clean, 99.99% stain free and with 24k miles.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Heh you answered my question before I got to finish sending it. I thought you were trying to put these in some type of non-saabaru saab, and I was goign to say you'd be in for a LOT of work, but n/m. ;)

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the air bag should not be an issue if you do not turn the key on untill everything is hooked up
Thanks.

My worry is that the side airbags are sewn in as if they had gone off the seat itself would need to be replaced.

We really want the leather upgrade but doing it in such a way that removes the airbags completely is kind of silly.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Ohhhhhhhh!!!

Yea I thought you were gona put these seats in your viggen. I totally forgot about the 9-2x. I was like 'wtf is goin on, il take those viggen seats off ur hands, who likes em anyway...'

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohhhhhhhh!!!

Yea I thought you were gona put these seats in your viggen. I totally forgot about the 9-2x. I was like 'wtf is goin on, il take those viggen seats off ur hands, who likes em anyway...'
Haha, yeah right.

This is posted in the 9-2x section. I wouldn't replace my seats for anything short of an identical set with 0 miles on them/NOS.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
If you keep the battery unhooked, I can't imagine the car would even know the difference. On a "real-saab" the car might know, but not the 9-2.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
A real Saab looks for a reference resistance of around 2.5 ohms, I'd imagine this Japanese one wouldn't notice as long as the battery was disconnected as well.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This deal was meant for me.

I was prepared to pick them up in Mason, an 160 mile round trip. He tells me they can be shipped to Mason but are currently in Waterford and can be picked up there tomorrow was well. So I check with mapquest and Waterford is 7 miles away. It doesn't get much better than that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts