Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a matter of weeks now before the BIG 300,000 miles! I just clicked over the 290,000 mark - all original engine (except the head and head gasket) :twisted: Proof that these cars last forever once again....
Anyone got trivia facts about how far my car could have gone - like how many times around the world, or from where to where and back again... those things are kewl to think about. She's gone a long ways and is still beating the hell outta 5.0's (of all sorts) :p :lol:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
at 300,000 you've gone around the world about 12 times :D since the earth's circumference is about 25,000 miles.

Nice work by the way on reaching that level. I am just barely at 140,000...Long way to catch up.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Im at 273k in my new 93 cse. My dad is at 240k in his 97 aero. High mileage saabs are the best!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet - I should have the 13th lap done I'm sure by this time next year without a doubt - oh but wait - it'll be on the SPG :p I should break 300,000 in the 9000 - anyone wanna wager what mileage I retire the gal? Put her spirit into the next 9000....

·
7,595 Posts
well knowing the car, it's still saveable as it is, but I think the rust is going to get "terminal" around 350K if something maror is not done now, interior needs to be stripped, needs all new weather stripping and you need to go to town with a welder and POR-15 on the holes that it already has ;)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rust isn't an issue - its the cancer and rot it has between that worries me... atleast the frame won't fall appart - has enough oil soaked sand on that and the underside of the body to keep it winterized for years to come - it's the outter edges which are suffering.... and from the trunk out....

·
Registered
299 Posts
DeLorean said:
well knowing the car, it's still saveable as it is, but I think the rust is going to get "terminal" around 350K if something maror is not done now, interior needs to be stripped, needs all new weather stripping and you need to go to town with a welder and POR-15 on the holes that it already has ;)
whats POR-15 :?:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts