Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got the hyperboost valve on last night. Took the car for a spin, doesn't seem to be a noticeable performance increase with the stock ECU, but then again I wasn't expecting anything but maybe it will hold high boost longer/better. The turbo seems to sound a bit louder, can really hear it go "whoosh!" but maybe that's just my imagination? it looks nice anyways. Now it is time for an engine bay cleaning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you have a stock intake? I just ordered a forge BPV earlier this week and I'm wondering how loud it will be with my open filter intake...I never really liked the stock blow off noise since I put in the open intake so I'm hoping this will make an improvement.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
supergreg said:
Do you have a stock intake? I just ordered a forge BPV earlier this week and I'm wondering how loud it will be with my open filter intake...I never really liked the stock blow off noise since I put in the open intake so I'm hoping this will make an improvement.
yeah, I have a stock intake right now. stock paper filter, too. Seems to sound a bit louder than stock, but then again, I usually have the radio kickin loud and this time I had it off so I could listen for the valve to see if it made any different sound...

not even close to a BOV, though!

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, no kidding, that's why I said it needed a cleaning. :roll: :D i was thinking of treating my car to a professional detailing shop session sometime this summer anyways, and getting the whole engne bay spiffed up.

and it's a BPV, not a BOV :wink:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
dude if u get a open element intake it is much much louder, and the valves dont add any performance at all unless u were losing boost from the old one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts