Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Drew In Houston
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing valve seals with the head still attached in my MCY Viggen, and when I lifted out the first set of lifters on cyl1 exhaust side, the center portion of the lifter slipped out on both.

There's a small groove and a spring retainer ring, almost like a piston ring, on the center section. Is there a tool or technique to compressing that ring to reassemble?

The intake side was fine, these just slide right out and dumped their oil, maybe the fact they slid out like that means they're worn and time for new?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I have disassembled and reassembled these lifters before. It took a bit of force to separate them, and to put them back together. No special tool, I just set it in place and tapped it in. If yours just fell apart, I would probably replace them.

·
Drew In Houston
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have disassembled and reassembled these lifters before. It took a bit of force to separate them, and to put them back together. No special tool, I just set it in place and tapped it in. If yours just fell apart, I would probably replace them.
Great thanks! I've never had a lifter apart before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts