Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I have two holsets in my possesion, and one of my friends is buying one from me

i have a 2.0 thats gonna get a set of cams and springs and stock bottom end .... looking for big power

which should i go with .. i liek the quicker spooler of the HY35 but im concerned that for the power i would like to obtain the HX35 might be better and less restrictive higher up there

thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry ... no can do ... buddy already paid me .... hes picking his turbo up tonight lol ... i just gotta figure out whgich one im gonna keep lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
well, one of them is designed with a twin scroll turbine wheel. it should be used with a header made specifically for the twin scroll or you won't be using it to it's full potential. i don't remember which is which though. i'd look it up and decide if you want to have a custom twin scroll header made or not and base your decision on that.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
the hy35 has the single scroll 9cm exhaust side, the hx has the twin scroll 12cm.

the hy is a better turbo for our ap, the hx suports huge power,, like 550hp+, where as the hys maxes out around 500hp,,, but that is still quite alot,, and the car may be faster at the track with the HY do to the better spool up

depending on how good at welding/pipe fab you are the holset HE351cw is a great option to,, they flow huge numbers out the exahust side. but also come with a funky intake houseing..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, I have a feeling you won't be lacking in the top end with either turbos lol.
the hy35 has the single scroll 9cm exhaust side, the hx has the twin scroll 12cm.

the hy is a better turbo for our ap, the hx suports huge power,, like 550hp+, where as the hys maxes out around 500hp,,, but that is still quite alot,, and the car may be faster at the track with the HY do to the better spool up

depending on how good at welding/pipe fab you are the holset HE351cw is a great option to,, they flow huge numbers out the exahust side. but also come with a funky intake houseing..
i went with the hx ... the hy wouldnt fit on my block because the waste gate actuator was hitting the block ... i didnt wanna go with an external wastegate because I'm using the factory t3 manifold from saab and didnt wanna do some more custom fab .... building a full cage is enough fab for me lol ... ill miss the quicker spool ... but i am hoping to be up in hp, enough to need the hx over the hy anyways ... HOPING lol ... well see how my build ends up going though to be honest lol

i have a spare t25. he might not notice the difference;)
he'll notice ... he currently has a turbo thats bigger then a t25 on his car

the hy was a better match for his car anyways ... he has a 1.6 l honda

FYI i was looking for some facts on the turbo's .... i knew about spool time and that .... looking for power numbers .... THANKS MIKE D for your help ... once again!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts