Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after being inspired by Zach's meet in Claremont i think i'm gonna try hosting one myself here in the old Hudson Valley.

Theres some really great roads around here so its probably gonna end up being a rather lengthy run, incorporating a lunch stop somewhere along the way.

So my questions are as follows:

1. of course who's interested?
2. Anyone wanna help organize it with me?
3. Lunch: would you rather stop and eat at a restaurant or stop somewhere and have a picnic style lunch?

Paul

edit: date changed, see more recnt posts

·
7,595 Posts
1. very Interested :D

2. Sure, the way me and Burnsside42 set the PA run up, was we went out to some roads I already knew were prime saab run area with a map. We then went down those roads that I always went "wonder where that goes". after about 6 hours or so of that, plus what I already knew were good roads, I came out with a nice run.

3. Anything cheap for lunch I like. Burger king is always good (hint hint) ;) and no, not just because I'm cheap, but burger king really has good "bang for the buck" ;)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
DeLorean said:
1. very Interested :D

2. Sure, the way me and Burnsside42 set the PA run up, was we went out to some roads I already knew were prime saab run area with a map. We then went down those roads that I always went "wonder where that goes". after about 6 hours or so of that, plus what I already knew were good roads, I came out with a nice run.

3. Anything cheap for lunch I like. Burger king is always good (hint hint) ;) and no, not just because I'm cheap, but burger king really has good "bang for the buck" ;)
here here - I am game! 8)

·
User
9,193 Posts
Re: Hudson Valley Saab Run tentative date August 21st

PaulH said:
So my questions are as follows:

1. of course who's interested?
2. Anyone wanna help organize it with me?
3. Lunch: would you rather stop and eat at a restaurant or stop somewhere and have a picnic style lunch?
1. Me
2. I will help
3. Anything is good.... no seafood lol.... I would settle for BK or Wendy's... no McDonalds though..... not unless you want to stop on the run a lot :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm tentative, if I can get back home for the weekend. I haven't seen my friends from back home in a while so it mey be time to get back up there.

btw, the Orange County Choppers shop is right near there. It may be cool to swing by their shop on the way.

-Steve

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NVigR8 said:
btw, the Orange County Choppers shop is right near there. It may be cool to swing by their shop on the way.

-Steve
sounds good, that is right down the road from my house, also if anyones interested theres a shop nearby that has a dyno, could see if we can get some time on that if i can get enough interest, maybe have that the day before or after the run.

also about the restaurant, NO FAST FOOD :lol: :lol: . seriously im not planning on passing anything like that, should be all mostly senic roads, im gonna scout out a cheap restaurant to keep Jeff happy tho :wink: .

Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd go Paul, but it's a little too far from me (almost 5 hours + lengthy run + 5 hours back), i'm a lil' afraid i'll fall asleep behind the wheel :oops:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
PaulH said:
also about the restaurant, NO FAST FOOD :lol: :lol: . seriously im not planning on passing anything like that, should be all mostly senic roads, im gonna scout out a cheap restaurant to keep Jeff happy tho :wink: .

Paul
LMAO! It's funny how everyone is learning how much of a tight ass DeLorean really is.... I mean - I can't stop laughing! He's just that bad :lol: :lol:

·
7,595 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
PaulH said:

Paul
LMAO! It's funny how everyone is learning how much of a tight ass DeLorean really is.... I mean - I can't stop laughing! He's just that bad :lol: :lol:
pot calling the kettle black are we now? ;) anyway, lets keep this on topic about planning the meet, and not turn this into "lets see how cheap DeLorean really is" thread ;)

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
hmm...what day of the week is it cuz i was planning on being in englishtown for some LEGAL racing (paul and delorean know :wink: ) on that friday cuz i know im goin to seaside at least the 16-18. So i should be around and i am definetly interested. i should have some veeerrryyy nice toys by then to :shock:

i dont care about the food...but i definetly think the dyno is a really good idea cuz i really need some true numbers

later,

nathan

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, so new idea, you guys should like this one:

what if we push the run back to sunday, and on saturday i try and see if we can get us time on the dyno? I have plenty of room here at my house for you guys if you were gonna do both days, i have a couple extra beds and a huge lawn along with a bunch of tents.

Sound interesting? I may be able to get down to the dyno place tomorrow and find out if they can give us some kind of group rate, may end up being reasonable.

Paul

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah Romar's is the other option, im gonna go see both of em and see who can give us a better deal, i just tend to think that the place in Poughkeepsie is gonna know a little more about sport compacts such as ours than Romar's wich is mostly a drag racing shop.

Paul

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, seems that the weekend of the 21st is no good for me, it turns out that i have plans that weekend that i forgot about :roll: .

So ill ask what you guys think would be better, the weekend before that august 14th and 15th, or after that wich would be the 28th and 29th.
Im leaning toward the 14-15 just because the end of august is gonna get kinda hectic for me as thats getting close to the start of school, wich im sure is the same story for most of the rest of you guys.

Paul

1 - 20 of 147 Posts