Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In a quest to lower my engine rpm's on the highway I am looking at all options for next season. I don't think that there was enough interest in the type 8 primary's so I am looking to go for a bigger tire and wheel setup. Which brings me into 4x108 hell. Is there any way to press apart the hubs on the classic 900's and use the bolt flange from a newer car with a more common bolt pattern? I suppose I will have to drill the rotors as well but I can get over that. A am getting desperate. Looking to do a set of classy 18's but can't find anything I like.

Another idea is getting a ring and pinion/trans shaft made. I would be willing to tear down the tranny again if it will work. Anbody have any thoughts on either of these?

·
Registered
669 Posts
In a quest to lower my engine rpm's on the highway I am looking at all options for next season. I don't think that there was enough interest in the type 8 primary's so I am looking to go for a bigger tire and wheel setup. Which brings me into 4x108 hell. Is there any way to press apart the hubs on the classic 900's and use the bolt flange from a newer car with a more common bolt pattern? I suppose I will have to drill the rotors as well but I can get over that. A am getting desperate. Looking to do a set of classy 18's but can't find anything I like.

Another idea is getting a ring and pinion/trans shaft made. I would be willing to tear down the tranny again if it will work. Anbody have any thoughts on either of these?
Why not just get an aftermarket wheel adapter? That way you could convert to 4, 5 or even a 6 lug bolt pattern, any of which would open up your options for whatever type of wheel you'd like to put on there.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
BMW 5 lug rear hubs will press into your front Classic 900 wheel bearings. Several BMWs used the same wheel bearing for the rear, as aposed to the 900 thats used the same bearing for the front. I don't know what the axle/spline count size for the beemer was, That needs to be researched but the bimmer hub will give you a Bolt/press together 5 lug.

·
Registered
669 Posts
BMW 5 lug rear hubs will press into your front Classic 900 wheel bearings. Several BMWs used the same wheel bearing for the rear, as aposed to the 900 thats used the same bearing for the front. I don't know what the axle/spline count size for the beemer was, That needs to be researched but the bimmer hub will give you a Bolt/press together 5 lug.
That does sound interesting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts