Saab Link banner

541 - 560 of 675 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #541 (Edited)
here is a very minor update for all you T5c900 guys. Last night i built a harness to be obd2 compatable, because the installer has access to lots of scan tool, and no canusb. This will help him during first start-up to see his RPM signal, and sort out any initial sensor issues

So here is what you need to know if you want an obd2 port in your c900!

OBD2 pin#..............Where it goes
7 ......................... ECU pin 33
14 ........................ECU pin 56
4 & 5......................... Ground
16 .........................+ 12 power

·
Registered
965 Posts
here is a very minor update for all you T5c900 guys. Last night i built a harness to be obd2 compatable, because the installer has access to lots of scan tool, and no canusb. This will help him during first start-up to see his RPM signal, and sort out any initial sensor issues

So here is what you need to know if you want an obd2 port in your c900!

OBD2 pin#..............Where it goes
7 ......................... ECU pin 33
14 ........................ECU pin 56
4 & 5......................... Ground
16 .........................+ 12 power
Isn't this great have? Been using Tech 2 will my install, though sometimes it doesn't like tuned ECUs.

·
Registered
906 Posts
2.1 crank pulley, and oil pump cover
Hey Mike, you should add a caveat to this for the T5 Dummies like myself. let those that have 90 and later C900's the oil pump is already insitu... No need to source one I guess unless you have an older than 90 car.

I am a technical finatic and was scratching my head trying to understand why I need a 2.1 oil pump cover and they both look exactly the same on 2.0 and 2.1 cars..:th_SmlyROFL:

Just a thought for those like me that cant think through a wet paper bag, without a map!

Cheers,

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #545
Hey Mike, you should add a caveat to this for the T5 Dummies like myself. let those that have 90 and later C900's the oil pump is already insitu... No need to source one I guess unless you have an older than 90 car.

I am a technical finatic and was scratching my head trying to understand why I need a 2.1 oil pump cover and they both look exactly the same on 2.0 and 2.1 cars..:th_SmlyROFL:

Just a thought for those like me that cant think through a wet paper bag, without a map!

Cheers,
2,1 covers have the hall effect sensor mounts built in.

·
Registered
906 Posts
2,1 covers have the hall effect sensor mounts built in.
thats my point. Seems that if one is doing T5 on a Turbo car built after 1990 or 1991 (not sure the exact year), the car will already have an oil pump lid that will fit the 2.1 CPS. They all have the exact same oil pump lid (turbo or non turbo). The bosses are cut for the sensor to rest.

Seems like SAAB went to one oil pump lid and it was simply a point of either fitting the sensor or not...

My 1991 Turbo has the space for the sensor.....

adding to that point, the crank pulley on my 1991 Turbo already has pre-drilled holes for the Aperture disc.

Just buy a disc/ get one used and bolt it up... No need to buy a new pulley....

Those parts are not cheap.

these little caveats saved me a few quid and time, so I thought is was worth mentioning.

Seems like if you have a later year Turbo, and considering a T5.2, these are things you can eliminate from the list of needs..

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #547 (Edited)
a quick question for all the T5 guys,, anybody have any idea what ECU pin 61 does???? i was ripping into a 99 ng900/93 harness, and i noticed there was a wire going to it, no idea what for though??

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
does anyone have wiring diagrams for a 99 93 by chance?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Had a curiousity question about T5, is there any particular reason we can not tune through the obd2 port like other car makes can?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Yes I have, what do you want to know?
I have a 99 t5 harness I need to familiarize myself with as it seems its different from even ng900 ones. The whole harness diagram would be great!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I used a 99 harness in my 85... seemed pretty straight forward with only 1 or 2 connectors being specific (of course Mike D did 99% of the work). I think you'll want to make sure you have the TPS from a 99 also.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I used a 99 harness in my 85... seemed pretty straight forward with only 1 or 2 connectors being specific (of course Mike D did 99% of the work). I think you'll want to make sure you have the TPS from a 99 also.
I have the 99 tps so no probs there.

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #555

not often you see two airflows in the same garage, one has a t3/t4, the other a holset

we got the red one swapped to t5 last night, I like finishing t5 installs the same day i start them. the grey one is getting squared up on friday..

I used my own t5 kit, worked well, and is super simple to mount because its narrower, and you can access bolts easier. also includes a trigger wheel, no need to supply your own!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
very nice, what metal is the trigger wheel made from?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #557
steel, the wheel needs to be made from a magnetic material so the CPS can read it prooperly

·
Registered
183 Posts
does that mean A/C can stay with your wheel mike?

nice jbo

what's the $ ( I made my own but out of interest)

541 - 560 of 675 Posts