Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Sounds like a recipe for hood damage and cracked windshield - go spend the $15 on the proper tool and do it right or get someone who owns the right tools to lend you the puller or get them to do it.
^^^ditto

I put a chip in a customers hood while he was watching while using a puller.

They're really on there. This is the sort of thing I'm sure you can rent too.

Drew

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I ALWAYS put a rag around the shaft, under the wiper arm when pulling. Chipping the paint or cracking the glass is almost guaranteed if you don't take the proper precautions.

And even then.....

·
Registered
131 Posts
I guess I have been really lucky when I just yank them off. I pulled very hard by hand and they came off no injuries aquired.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
A small pulley puller could work. But you could run the risk of damaging the arm if it's really on there tight and you don't grabe the base, not the arm with the puller.

I've also carefully wedged two screwdrivers under the base, but over rags mentioned above to slowly pry -- don't recommend this way though. Even with rags, you can cut through and damage paint or glass.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Here;
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...21x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=00971054000P

$12.99 @ Sears
That one should work - and there is no metal handle to catch on the hood. I would just measure your open hood clearance to the height of the tool to make sure it'll fit in there.

I have a really old version like this which works ok as long as you are carefull;

I also own one of these - not so good for a 9-5 (it's too weak);

1 - 14 of 14 Posts