Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I met a Saab owner today. We started talking Saab's and at some point I was told that if you disconnect the waste gate hose from the boost control valve you would trick the speed limiter function in the ECU and allow for boost to stay on after 155mph and therefore reach a higher speed than 155. My answer was that by doing so you are risking blowing your engine. Then he said that it should be fine as long as you watch your boost gauge and back off the throttle if you hear knock. then I said that at speed like that you want to only focus on the road and not on your boost gauge and the knock sound or anything else.
Even-though I would NEVER pull that hose for any reason other than diagnostics of the turbo system is it true what he said?

Tuners? please advice.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Actually - it will work although completely ridiculous in practice. You will need to mystically feather the throttle to keep below the low fuel cut on the stock ECU and hope that's enough to push through 155mph.

You can also achieve similar results by dropping the car off a cliff.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Well, If you kill the speed signal and rig a MBC on there, you might be able to do it! Its still a waste of time.

Also, Trionic senses knock before you do, and with these girly b2x5 engines, I don't think I'd want to be relying on my sense of hearing!

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Make sure you have old, rotted, tires on the car.

That's all the tuning advice I have for today.
I got one for you - pinch off all your brake lines if you want to go faster. It's just that simple. ***

(Seriously - don't do that, but if you do - you will just be proving Darwin's Theory and helping solve the worlds population problem - and I am not accountable for your actions or anything you say or do otherwise)

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
(Seriously - don't do that, but if you do - you will just be proving Darwin's Theory and helping solve the worlds population problem - and I am not accountable for your actions or anything you say or do otherwise)
Stupid fine print! your discouraging potential candidates!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
here's the thing...

5th gear makes 26 mph at 1000 rpm, iirc (its in the manual). that means that 6000 rpm will make 156 mph. so you'd be running damn close to redline on a stock tune.

food for thought, i suppose.

good luck....

·
Super Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
cut your floor boards out
then go test your theory about the limiter
if your brakes dont slow you down as quickly as you would like
just hit your feet against the ground (think Flintstones) to help with the braking/breaking
best performance advice i can give you

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can we sticky this thread please? I'm on the ground laughing right now.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually - it will work although completely ridiculous in practice. You will need to mystically feather the throttle to keep below the low fuel cut on the stock ECU and hope that's enough to push through 155mph.

You can also achieve similar results by dropping the car off a cliff.
:lol:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Don't see why anyone would want the speed limiter removed on a stock-ish car, anyway.. it would take forever to reach 155mph with it, which is dangerous. There is some truth in saying that high hp cars are safer because they can get to whatever reckless speed the driver's trying to get to, faster, and then stop. It'd probably take a minute just from 100mph to get there and I don't know about you guys but flooring my car for that long just scares me.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Don't see why anyone would want the speed limiter removed on a stock-ish car, anyway.. it would take forever to reach 155mph with it, which is dangerous. There is some truth in saying that high hp cars are safer because they can get to whatever reckless speed the driver's trying to get to, faster, and then stop. It'd probably take a minute just from 100mph to get there and I don't know about you guys but flooring my car for that long just scares me.
this; took me eons to get to 135 on my stock 97 900 taking all the fun out of it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.