Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you start screaming, I did search in Google but between the 43.000.000 search results 44mil of them where full of crap.

I'm looking for a way to get rid of the paper service records and maybe upload the receipts, keep gas milage, repairs, oil changes etc. If there's an accompanying iPhone app for that, it'd be great. I can't believe there's not such tool out there, I'm just not able to find it.

Any help?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Excel spreadsheet. I've got all maintenence from 14k miles to current 90k miles in there. Scanned and attached reciepts/pictures/other things to each row. I prefer this way as it lets me organize it in a way that works for me, and I keep it simple. I have a row for each service with date, miles, what the issue was (if any), what the work done was, and a column for notes and attachments. It's simple and easy to maintain. I'm sure there's something better out there, but this works great for me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I started with the idea of the spreadsheet in the beginning, but it ended up badly because I was keeping track of ALL expenses (even the fabreeze)... The app is on sale for 2.99, I think I'll give it a try.

But I'm sure there was a site for that... I've seen it here in TSL.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Agreed, Excel: I have 5 cars. Trying to keep up just with oil changes and tire rotations can be a challenge with out it. And even then, watching mileage is still a trick -- you just don't always pay attention to the odometer...

But Excel helps a ton. I also have it printed out and hanging on a clipboard on the garage wall.

Edit: BTW, the ONLY thing I keep on the spreadsheet are the normal maintenance: Oil and tire rotation, things like that. All else -- big ticket items -- go in a file folder.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have a green notebook with "SAAB" written on the front in my glovebox. lol that's where all maintenance records go. With all of the receipts tucked inside. haha

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excel spreadsheet for sure! Have every job done on the car since day one on there, and it's easy to update.

Posted it for DL so you can see how I do it. www.pittsburghsaab.com/Aerohistory.xls
Chad, thanks for that. Although I'm not sure I'll end up making something similar it is certainly the BEST input for my "own vs. lease" debate!

PS: $24k in 10 years for maintenance and 170k miles? THIS is why I love Saab!

On a side note, if there's isn't a similar website I think I have found a thesis for my (hopefully) future major!

EDIT: lol Tweek! I still have them in a folder... (do you still have that door?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts