Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get any directions with it (not sure if I'm supposed to or not, and didn't see any on the site), and I was starting to pull the mount off, and now i'm realizing that it's not gonna come off. Does that whole engine mount bracket need to come off? If so, does that entail anything else? Thanks

Oh actually I just found a good link:

http://forums.projektgerman.com/sho...nstall-GS-Motor-and-Tranny-mounts-Viggen-5spd.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah that screw thing is the other thing you need to get off, it can be hard to get to if the mount is old i suggest getting a little jack on the oil pan to raise up that side a bit. Also, do not overtighten that same bolt either.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I managed to get that all done, and the mount is attached with the 8mm hex, but now I can't get the mounting holes on the mount to match up with the holes on the frame. I'm doing a lot of lifting/lowering to try and get it to fit, but no dice so far :(

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If I remember correctly, I used a drift in one of the holes to pry the mount. Don't tighten the 8mm hex all the way till you get everything lined up.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I remember correctly, I used a drift in one of the holes to pry the mount. Don't tighten the 8mm hex all the way till you get everything lined up.
Ahh...too late lol. Finally got it all together using a pry bar. That thing is not fun to install. But on the bright side, it seems like that helped tighten things up much better than just the trans mount and sport rear mount.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Ya it can be a pain to align the bolts with the holes.. Dont tighten the
8mm hex all the way and continue to lower\lift the engine until you can get one bolt
in the try to use a prybar or something to get the other hole to line up, then
tighten the hex to spec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.