Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, on the way home from school today i went to pass some granny puttering along, and hit a nice slick water patch.... with my jzw stage 2 tune it took no time for the rpm's to rocket up to somewhere in the mid 6's.. really scared me... the motor has 90k on it and i was wondering if the motor can take that kind of abuse?

·
Registered
465 Posts
oh yes they can i hit 7k all the time on my t7 2.3, the 2.0 are even better at high revving. Most of the time is when im autoxing, 185000,7k rpms and still running strong and thats at stage3/4

·
Registered
465 Posts
yup all original, turbos about had it and it also has t5 cams. I would say its time for a head retorque and it will be good to go. Well atleast till i blow it up, it get abused now its no longer my dd

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
After doing a larger turbo & nordic/genuine tune on my viggen I also take it above 6K quite often, 105K on my stock motor..... on my 2nd trans though :(

Done a handful of drivers schools with the car as well

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hey guys, on the way home from school today i went to pass some granny puttering along, and hit a nice slick water patch.... with my jzw stage 2 tune it took no time for the rpm's to rocket up to somewhere in the mid 6's.. really scared me... the motor has 90k on it and i was wondering if the motor can take that kind of abuse?
Hahaha I did that too today :)

Then i said "that was fun!" turned off TCS and floored it again

·
Registered
465 Posts
After doing a larger turbo & nordic/genuine tune on my viggen I also take it above 6K quite often, 105K on my stock motor..... on my 2nd trans though :(

Done a handful of drivers schools with the car as well
yeah i just put my second trans in but all that was wrong with mine was blocked reverse

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
^ its a good question because tunes are almost all different depending on who tuned it. Most tunes increase red line reving making it a higher strung car yet risks come with this power

1 - 14 of 14 Posts