Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but how rare is this Saab that I looked at tonight?

I can't find a picture of one like it and I didn't take one when I looked at it, but it was 1998 900 3 door in this oddly attractive gold metallic color. Had tan leather. 15" 3-spokes. I've NEVER seen one before in that color, not even on the forums. And I know 3-door 900's/9-3's are rare in general.

Unfortunately the car was beat to hell so I'm not going to consider buying it. (Seat covers on leather throw up huge red flags for me, it had dents and dings all over, cracked bumper, bent fender, missing trim) I considered it before I got a closer look at it. :( Sad....

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep! That's it! I really like it actually. Wish it was in a little better shape. I might have considered it...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, can we all just thank our lucky stars that we don't have that gold TransAm or whatever that thing is?

*Apologies in advance for anyone here that may own that car. My $.02
Firebird. And yes, it doesn't do that color well.....lol

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I like the 9000 Aeros on this, must have been later Aero wheels because it would have had of been 5-bolt pattern. Unless they did a 4-bolt pattern I guess downgrade. Usually it's the people with the older 9000s and the c900s that do a 5-bolt upgrade.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Thats because very few were that adventurous to purchase said color. Kinda like the light blue w/ light blue top NG900 vert that the interior decorating (or w/e) black dude drove in "As Good As It Gets"... just sayin....

and yeah i agree everyone has their own taste, how do you think GM sold any cars that didn't have huge v8's over the past 3 decades... (Saab excluded, although some years almost not)

·
Registered
709 Posts
It is an interesting color, but when it becomes a little beat up (like the two pics) it looks pretty rotten. It's unfortunate that so many other pedestrian cars come in that shade as well.

This blue is neat/not so common too:

I followed one to work the other day and I gotta say, not as bad as one might think... This gold, root beer, and light blue might be the oddest NG colors out there.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I want that light blue 9000 CS - I've serviced one MANY times @ Fred Beans - it was a 1996 CS LPT - like 140K and all original - new suspension too ;) and it drove amazing! If I ever see that particular 9000 for sale, price isn't an option - I want it. Dealer serviced it's WHOLE life. It's MPG sid always read in the 30's..... lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts