Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy I just put a new clutch on my 95 9000 aero and slave cy. So now I have jzw stage 3 on the car and I just noticed that the clutch is slipping very sad only 200 miles on the new clutch, so is the slave needs to be bleed or the clutch can't handle the power "no dyno yet unknown power"
Thanks guys
:confused:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
sounds like it; unplug the bpc for now so the car is driveable and you dont accidentally slip the clutch. That way you can sell it later to recoup some of the cost.

GenuineSaab.com

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That would be proper temp fix so yes do that. Just wunderin could you throw a pic up of your aero? Just curious to see what your working with.

·
Registered
645 Posts
also if you do not properly break in the clutch a stock aero would make it slip.. break the clutch in then give it the beans;)

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
sometimes if the flywheels isnt resurfaced the hot spots will cause the clutch to slip.

it can also happen if the assembly wasnt cleaned properly prior to the trans install. a can of break clean, and some clean rags goes a long way here

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You're in MA. Ask Mike D the place where he goes to get "custom" clutches made for him if you think the new clutch is truly glazed. I think it's a boston area place and they can use whatever material you want for cheap.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
just curious, did you do any research as far as what stages will make stock clutch slip, its easier/cost effective to set goals for your car as now if you want to hold more power youll need to put a beefier clutch and may i suggest the ss clutch line. Nice color Aero. My friends and I have had good luck with the SPEC clutches

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just curious, did you do any research as far as what stages will make stock clutch slip, its easier/cost effective to set goals for your car as now if you want to hold more power youll need to put a beefier clutch and may i suggest the ss clutch line. Nice color Aero. My friends and I have had good luck with the SPEC clutches
see i thought that the aero clutch was going to hold stage three, i looked around and i couldn't find any info on the clutch and how much power would hold... now my pedal is getting stuck on the button, i'm bringing the car back so he can bleed, the clutch. the clutch is 4 day's old 220 miles.. i think he resurface the fly wheel...i hope he did..
on the clutch i was looking at the spec stage 2+ or stage 3... maybe by the end of march i should have a new clutch if bleeding don't work..... i hope it does...

·
Registered
645 Posts
YOU HAVE 200 MILES ON YOUR CLUTCH, YOU NEED TO BREAK IT IN BEFORE YOU RUIN IT! you cannot expect the best clutch in the world to hold any amount of power if it isnt broken in properly.. i usually put 1k miles or more on a clutch before i go WOT.. esp in a car like stg 3 aero.. the tq just spikes rapidly and smokes the clutch.. my g/f has stg 1 aero replaced clutch uprated pp and within the first month of driving it would just spin the clutch when the power wasnt rolled on

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
yeah seriously you really need to exercise some patience and break the clutch in properly... the standard is 500 miles most times but that is to get it broken into stock power levels so josh is right suggesting the 1000 break in just make sure it's completely adhering to the flywheel. Mcrowley has a point though. idk how many lbs the stock pressure plate holds the clutch down at but if it's 66 lbs and the power lever you have need 80 lbs then it's just not going to grab properly and you're going to smoke the clutch by glazing constantly

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
My stock and well used clu5ch held 330 ft lbs for 15k with constant abuse before it started slipping. So 200 ft lbs is very in correct on the 9k clutches. It sounds lik3 it needs to ne bled or needs new slave or master which is very common oafter a clutch replacement on a 9k

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My stock and well used clu5ch held 330 ft lbs for 15k with constant abuse before it started slipping. So 200 ft lbs is very in correct on the 9k clutches. It sounds lik3 it needs to ne bled or needs new slave or master which is very common oafter a clutch replacement on a 9k
it does have a new slave and pp, so i;m hoping is just needed to bleed...
so i should be ok with stage 3

1 - 20 of 27 Posts