• get a new fucking car! number of times

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was on my thinking chair (porcelain throne) earlier today
and i was reflecting on the number of times the engine in my ng900 has been pulled out then put back in, and/or replace

and i believe its been about 8 times
the only positive thing about it is that i have become very efficient

so the question is, how many times have you removed your engine

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Never.

I did have a car that liked to eat water pump belts. I got pretty good at changing those. I could do it on the side of the highway with no light and only a Leatherman multi-tool in less than ten minutes

·
Registered
811 Posts
Pulled the motor/tranny out of a parts car before scrapping it... I needed the trans from...

And have the viggen motor out now on a stand for rebuilding... because i bought it with a cracked piston...

My daily driver 97 ng900... I've never taken the motor out of and it has +203k miles of pure abuse on it...

so I've taken 2 out and am installing one...

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I've done it 2x in my personal cars, but have helped do it 5+ times on other Saabs.

·
Registered
433 Posts
can't resist

I was in my thinking chair (porcelain throne) earlier today.....
gotta hate it when you fall 'in', get stuck and have all that time to think until someone comes to help pull you out.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Pulled a motor out of my old Comm Ed before it went to the crusher. Pulled and reinstalled two others. Next summer I've got two more in the que for pulling and reinstalling.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I had one car, an early model Honda CVCC that had a dog of an engine design. It was on engine #3 when I got it and that was under 30,000 miles.

The reason I say poor design is my buddy's wife; her dad owned the Honda dealership and she did not want to sell me the car it was so bad. Poor design was that the motor would not run in cool humid weather. I made a jury-rig carb heater for it and that helped. If I didn't fly and know about carb ice what the heck?

If I really like a car and it needed a new motor it would see the old speed shop first. Balanced and blueprinted if they still do that?

·
Greek Mod
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gotta hate it when you fall 'in', get stuck and have all that time to think until someone comes to help pull you out.
fixed...
honest typo since the "o" and the "i" are right next to each other

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I've pulled the engine from an AAVP7A1 RAM/RS several times. It's like a c900 where the engine/tranny forms a powerpack.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Pulled the engine out of the 3-door to do a minor over haul (Timing chain, BC delete, clutch, HG)

Then pulled the dead engine out of the 5 door, and pulled the 3 door engine back out to put it in the 5 door. Then fixed the 5 door engine (mostly) and put it in the 3-door.

So thats 3 engine pulls on my cars. I have done way to many transmissions....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.