Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i converted the car from cable to hydraulic, and i'm trying to bleed the clutch but it doesn't seem to be working. i made up a plate with a tire valve to fit in the brake reservoir cap so i can pressurize the system, but after trying that a few times there is no resistance in the pedal. if i push it in it doesn't bring itself back out.

i've been searching for a while but i can't come up with anything.

thanks in advance
-John

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I use pressure, as well as pumping the pedal (use your hand so you can push in and pull back out).

Sometimes it takes me quite a bit of bleeding to get all the air out.

Just be sure you are not pushing air back into the system. Keep that reservoir FULL.

·
Registered
750 Posts
how many times did u try to bleed it... i was told the hydraulic clutches are self bleeding... try checking ur clutch master cylinder... if it dont bleed right...

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so it does take quite some time then huh? maybe i wasn't doing anything wrong, just not doing it long enough. i'll get back at it tomorrow morning before work and see if i can get it right then.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pretty sure it's not an auto bleed system, or else i wouldn't be having this problem. and i'm pretty sure it's not the master cyl. i just bought these components and i'm pretty sure elite foreign auto wouldn't sell me a shit unit.

i spent like 5-10 minutes trying to bleed it but i was getting impatient

·
Registered
750 Posts
oh im not sure i had to have my clutch looked at. and was told bye the tech that they are self adjusting... and when they looked into it more they said my master cylinder was shot... they said thats the reason y there was no pres. to my clutch

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, my clutch components were dry when i installed them, so it's not like i've been driving it for a while and am all of the sudden losing fluid.

thanks for the input though

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
I pressurized the brake reservoir to about 15psi then pumped the pedal about 10 times then opened the bleeder and pumped a little more till no bubbles.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
okay i got the clutch taken care of. i put a hose on the bleeder valve down by the slave cyl. opened the valve, filled the res. and then pressurized the system until i had a constant stream of fluid with no air. then closed the valve, and pressurized again to see if there was any air left. that seems to have taken care of it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts