Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the pull it Saturday, in search of SPG body panels. How do you get them off the car? Flat head screw driver and muscle?

Will I need the bumpers too?

·
7,595 Posts
well good luck finding them, they are not as rare as viggen panels, but close! :shock:

there are a few tricks to getting them off though if you find a set, they are riveted on the lower section, but IF you can get the top section off first, you can pop the bottoms off the rivets. you will also need the tracks that they slide into, you can get to those once the panel is off,

tools you will need is torx - very small sizes, metric sockets and wrenches a drill if you have one for the rivets (makes things easier), 1/4” extention and probably something I left out.... just don't force anything and go slowly. Might take a good 3 hours to get a set off w/o breaking something

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have the opposite problem.

how do you get one on?

I have a kit coming in....today :D ....

Does anyone know if the white plastic pieces used to hold the regular bumper extensions.....are they the same used to SPG mounting rails?

Does anyone have any of these pieces?

Ian

·
7,595 Posts
Ian, you are also going to need either some saab rivits from the dealer, or some VERY short flat topped bolts for the lower door panels.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This sounds like more trouble than its worth....or is it? I know where there is an spg just waiting to be stripped. Should I bother?

Can I at least use the factory bumpers on the car?

·
7,595 Posts
sure, bumpers are the same, but you will want the "bumper extentions" AND the front air damn off the SPG as those are SPG specific. the airdam any turbo will have but best to take that too because your S model won't have one at all!

·
Registered
363 Posts
the little air-dam that runs around the lowiest part of the bumper can be removed, I want to say its a 10 or 15 torques. Bring a pair of smaller vice-grips b/c sometimes the "nut" they go into will just spin and commly they are both rather rusted.

Ian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts