Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im kinda stuck.

i got a FMIC kit for christmas and i wanna install it in my 9k.

i got the bumper off, old piping out etc.

but i want to get rid of the stock intercooler just because well its nasty looking and it bothers me.

how do i remove it? i see that theres 2 bolts(one on each end) of the stock intercooler that holds the AC condenser to the stock IC.

once i get these 2 bolts out is there anything else i have to do to get the IC out? or will it just drop down? do i have to fabricate a new bracket for the condenser since im not deleting my ac?

thanks for any advice/tips

merry christmass

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
you have to remove it as an assembly from inside the engine bay IIRC

the radiator and ac condenser + oil coiler have to come out too :(

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
balls. i was hoping that would not be the case.

does that mean i have to drain the coolant and everything?

god then i would have to take all the ac lines out and re-install.

maybe ill just leave it in haha

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
No just unholy the cooler from everything and thereare two brackets on the sub frame that un bolt it drops out Tue bottom. Or pull it up between tax support and tax after pulling top of rad towards engine.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
my shit was all rusty so mine had to come completely apart :(

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No just unholy the cooler from everything and thereare two brackets on the sub frame that un bolt it drops out Tue bottom. Or pull it up between tax support and tax after pulling top of rad towards engine.
thanks. this sounds the easiest. i will try this tmrw morn.

i checked that thread out. the bracket u cut my 9000 doesn't have. i have the 2 brackets on the bottom. maybe im wrong, i will check in the am but if i remember correctly my 9000 is different. maybe the difference in years. idk

my shit was all rusty so mine had to come completely apart :(
damn, that sucks. my car is not that rusty thankfully. i was impressed when i started taking it apart since it is a 91. thought it woulda been worst.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.