Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm addicted to old mercedes now...and things like this give me a raging hard-on in my pants.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Funny. Old. I must be getting "old", 'cause to me none of those look old.

All are hot looking, but not old...

This is old:

And this is old:

And even this is old:

;-D Carry on.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Black one is sweet - horrible US DOT headlights however - get some freaking e-codes already.
Blue one - nice, no Need to lower imho
As for Talledega - I'm prob. 1/4 your age if not more, and I completely agree with you. To me those 80's MB's still look stylish and "modern" to me.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
: Drooling everywhere : Can I has? I want an old S-Class coupe so bad. Gorgeous cars. I considered an old ('89) S-Class for $1800 that I was going to paint black, tint it, Euro code the signals, and put some AMG wheels on it.

My friend almost bought this:

Not really old (a '95) but is was sooooo nice. It sold the day before he went to look at it. He ended up buying a 2004 Saab 9-5 Arc, so it's not like he didn't end up with a nice car though. haha

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
I almost bought this about a year and a half ago. No joke. I was pricing out plane tickets.

An old benz is in my future.

·
7,595 Posts
Neat looking Palmer, but 0-60 in 3-4 days would be a good estimate.

The w126 S-class though I have a 300SD, and meh.... a 500 SE Euro model if you can get the aluminum K-Jet V8 to run right should be pretty peppy! Shame the only option was the 4 speed auto and they get 8 MPG but I'd have it in the collection if I found one nice enough for cheap enough.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OHH Heres a REALLY nice one.

just kidding thats my work in progress But it think it'lll be a Bad A$$ shagin wagon when it's done.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
My favorite older Benz is the 500/560sec. Classic good looks and everything is just right. Some of my favorites: (I know the first is not an SEC)

The 500e is a very close 2nd:

We used to have a 1996 600SEL back when we lived in Hong Kong, that thing was bomb proof although it was not reliable and drank gas like crazy. I used to call it the Super Expat Lorry haha:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'm not a fan of 80's Mercedes at all. It's the vintage ones that get me. At the garage where my father works (RL SMITH near Rensslaer, NY), a lady that was the shop owner's elementary school-teacher, brought in her 1969 Mercedes 280SL to get refreshed after it had sat in a barn, underneath a cover for 38 years!!!

The car was in amazing original condition with less than 35,000 original miles. The owner had bought the car in 1971, drove it for about half a year, and then put it away. 38 years later, she decided it was finally time to get it going again!

It had everything original, anything down to the oem floormats, window sticker, factory tire totes, user manuals, etc. Pretty much a near mint time capsule...awesome white removeable hardtop roof, beautiful blue interior with bolstered seats, nice white paint, tight manual tranny, and pristine underbody. The thing ended up needing a new circa $1,000 fuel pump and a complete fuel system check/overhaul, but after that and a tuneup, it ran like new. Appraised for something like $75k.

Pics:

·
7,595 Posts
Speed was not a primary consideration with that car.
Clearly! I am not sure exactly what the positive was though? IMO, I do prefer a car that I can pull into traffic with without being run over by a truck. No beetles, no 240D's no VW foxes, no 3 cyl geo's that sort of thing. About the slowest car I am able to stand is my 300TD, which has a 120HP turbo-diesel motor. I have gotten used to having quite a bit more power so even with that there will probably be a re-learning curve when it comes out at the end of the winter.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Mod's, pls move to a M/B forum.

j/k, they are certainly cewl

Lets not forget the 190E 2.5 16.
you mean the EVO with cosworth motor?

that is the only MB i would want these days

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
About the slowest car I am able to stand is my 300TD, which has a 120HP turbo-diesel motor.
After adjusting my valves, changing the tranny fluid, adjusting the throttle linkage, and cleaning the ALDA banjo bolt I can finally say that I have no fear what-so-ever merging with my benz. Sure it'll rev high through the gears but that's what it was meant for. 0-40 is just as quick as my saab and that's good cruising speed.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts