Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, I have a '97 900S and the side paneling and window trim and bumpers are fading as we speak. I have applied many coats of back to black but it never seems to stay. Is there anything i can do to get all trim as black as possible, such as buying carbon fiber sheets?? Thanks for your help!!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Carbon Fiber sheets is a good idea. I am thinking about doing that as well, as far as the rest of the trim, Id try the tire shine stuff. Usually people put it on their tires to get the "wet" look, but I used this on my trim and I helped alot. of course it will fade out again, but this is an option.

Another option, if you don't mind spending some cash, is repainting the trim. This of course will work, but is going to cost more.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Oh and welcome to the site!! 8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, i might have to go with the carbon fiber sheets. I have seen pics of it done on some saabs and it does look great. Ebay might be the most reliable place to find some at the most reasonable prices too. Oh, and thanks for the welcome!!! :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
what i've found to work the best is repeated (stress on repeated like 6 times) coats of silicon spray. it can be picked up at auto zone for about $2 a can and just spray it on and rub it in. It will take a few applications to notice but continue treatment and you will notice great differences.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
My car was caked with wax and in most parts were white. So i took WD40 and did all my trim with it. Worked Awesome, i was surprised myself at how good it worked. Give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts