Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did the front pads on the 95 ng900 they had worn unevenly and the pads were grinding. The car sat for 2 years and the rotors were a year old prior to that. I step on the brakes and sometimes its hard as a rock and other times the pedal is softer. I did a full system flush with a power bleeder. I am thinking its the master. I have 186k on the car.

·
10,303 Posts
Yeah, Nick had a car brought in like that.

I guess t7 cars see the brake booster go, but that milage seems young for that issue on 900.

Did you turn the rotors first? Or just throw the new brakes on with rusty rotors?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Boosters do go bad early and often... automatics usually. Manual cars should last 150K average - the auto's fail when they want based on the Vac Pump....

As for the ng900 - tweek is right that they don't fail as often, but how rusty is it? Is the check valve to it good? Could be the master - they are easy enough to swap out anyways - get a used one from a junk yard, they hardly go bad too.

I would start with new quality brakes and go from there personally. If the brakes look like shit, they will stop like shit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts