Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a hood badge from a gent in England, Ebay user 'kupoblue'.

It is not an OEM SAAB part and thus cost me about only $15 bucks total shipped. It lacks the two prongs on the back to slide into the two slots in your hood to affix the badge, however it comes with what seems to be a pretty robust 3M double-sided tape. It is nice and heavy, like a chrome metal and topped with epoxy or some clear laquer/resin.

I recommend it, if you don't want to shell out like $65 bucks or whatever for the OEM Saab badge.

Oh, also the background color is more of a dark navy blue, instead of a brighter royal blue. But I don't care about that. I think it looks good. Oh, and it is also about 1 mm smaller than what the OEM badge is. You really wouldn't notice though.

·
7,595 Posts
Looks quite nice! Much better than the old one did for sure. Seems like those silly saab roundels are really quite the shit piece. I saw an 06 or newer 9-5 just a few days ago with a totally shot rear roundel... Come on! 3 years?

Also, I don't think I have ever seen a 92X that actually had a good hood roundel. the only thing actually made by saab on that car and.... yeah.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure about the rears. I replaced my rear badge with an OEM piece a while back, because the mounting surface is not perfectly flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts