Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car with 60k on it about 5 months ago give or take. I have always noticed some little weird noise while under boost with my car but noting to serious. As time had passed the noise kept getting louder and louder.

This is what happens:

While I’m boosting before halfway into the orange, I get a weird honking sound, like something is leaking, and making this sound. It has gotten louder and louder as time permits. Most of the time it’s on the highway, but then is starts back up around town. After I boost past a certain point then it goes away, but then when I go to step on the gas again it comes back. Also not every time I drive it does this, but very often.

What I have done:

I checked all the hoses for leaks and found none. I checked the bypass valve to see if that was the problem and nothing there. Today I got fed up with it and brought it to my Saab mechanic that I go to see rarely. He took it for a test drive with me; it was doing the same thing. We pulled over to the side of the road to look for any hoses that might be the cause, he could not find any, and he was stumped. Well I made an appointment for him to check it out in one week from now. He said he just needed an hour, and he should be able to fix the problem.

I would like to get this settled before I have to go see him so I don't waste like $60. So if anybody has any ideas that would be awesome.

About my car:

Currently 74K, change oil every 3k. The car has a full JT3" with DP, Dawes Device boost controller- 14.9 PSI (About Halfway into the red), HKS custom Intake. DIY Short Shift kit- Thanks to Eric’s site.

Also this noise has nothing to do with any of my mods, I already checked this out anyway, and it started before I got any mods for my car. The turbo is also in good shape, as I checked it before I installed my JT3".

Dan

·
Registered
979 Posts
it probably is the BPV, When I had to diagnose mine I went to a couple places including the dealer I got 3 diofferent answers, I bought the bullet and got the Stratmosphere BPV, and it worked great. I'd say its that. http://www.stratmosphere.com/index.htm

Save yourself some time and money, and if thats still not the problem you at least come out of it with a performance BPV

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a Tial BOV 55mm a little while ago have not installed it yet though. waiting for a delivery pipe.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
It also could be some of these.

I found 2 in my trunk last year.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh man thats just classic right there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts