Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night my friend and i were cleaning my IAC and we decided to try something, taking the hose off that runs from the recirc valve to the air intake, we did and taped the air intake side and now have a "pssst" when revved :D so we went to meijer and bought some 1" chair stops that go on the bottom of chairs, they little rubber peices and it fit almost perfectly. Probally saved myself about 200 bucks from buying a real bov. heres a link to my pics, i couldn't get them to upload here for some reason:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/coops93

·
Registered
20 Posts
youd prolly wanna put a breather filter on that bpv/bov, because you dont want to be sucking in stuff into your turbo under vacuum. just athought

-Frank

·
Registered
584 Posts
Coops93 said:
Yah mines a t5 and i was under the impression that the recirc valve was like a check valve, it was only open to release the air?
That is correct. In theory, it will only be open when it's blowing air out.

But, you never know. Personally, I would feel better with a little filter on there. Go to an autoparts store and look for a breather filter. Should be a few bucks. At the least, it'll keep debris or bugs from getting in there.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did the same thing and put a lil air filter on and it sounded even nicer i think but if you upgrade ur performance your going to need to buy a new bov, my stock bov with that open air mod is already crappin out with a stage 3 upgrade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts