Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a 9cm holset 35 - ideally a he341 or a hy35 - not much call for these in the UK, or do you know breakers to contact in your area - dodge / ford etc..

my thoughts are based round a 9cm turbine versus the 12cm for the hx to help with the initial boost entry - i,m not after the potential big top end figures ref: the HX - rather trade a nicer - more tunable torque entry for 50hp up top - - - anybody done any work / got any thoughts on the 9cm
many thanks

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
we usally track them down on ebay the 9cm housing still has plenty of guts in these cars and i know a few people who are running them

mike

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mike can you give an overall perspective of them versus the 12cm HX - do they indeed chime in a reasonable bit earlier ?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
quite a bit sooner, with a free flowing exhaust they resemble a stock t3 (c900 talk)

i like them much better than the 12cm, the power is more usable, and they can make pretty similer peeks, since they can push the presure

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quite a bit sooner, with a free flowing exhaust they resemble a stock t3 (c900 talk)

i like them much better than the 12cm, the power is more usable, and they can make pretty similer peeks, since they can push the presure
thats good to hear, encuraging, my "wish list" is that it will sit somewhere around the Garrett GT30 with 0.64 housing on spool and i,m looking for around 360whp up top which looks well within its capability

·
Registered
422 Posts
They also make "small" versions of the HX35 like mine... though a 12cm.......

It made 363whp and 367wtq on the 2.0 and gasoline... now on the 2.3 and E85, she's putting down 403whp and 501wtq........

Here are the specs on mine in case you're interested in looking for one... I think it came off a piece of construction equipment initially.

"Turbine wheel is a 69 inducer with a 60 exducer (sizes in millimeters), and
an 11 on the profile. The part number is 35919336

Compressor wheel is an 82 exducer with a 50 inducer with an overall back
face of 83 (once again in millimeters) Part number is 3599588

Maximum wheel speed is 130K."

Initially I bought it because it didn't have the internal w/g, then I find out it's "small" which actually works quite well for me!

Pics and a vid of where the boost hits:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks moosepuck - not too shabby :cool: i,m assuming thats the 2.3 on the vid. - very close to what i,m needing ref: spool ( i,ve got a td04 hybird that makes 1.2Bar by 2K - but I don,t drive it down this low - its a gearbox killer

so as per mail if anybody finds / knows of a breaker I can contact etc.. - mucho thanks - even if you know what Dodge / Ford pick ups the Hy 35 or the HE 341 is fitted too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts