Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT:

Okay MP Performance has a prototype made of a larger T7 delivery pipe. Once out, if we get 10 people or more, the price will be $130, instead of the regular 1$199. I will post an interest list. Let me know if your interested in a T5 (not developed yet) or a T7. The T5 will probably be prototyped after the T7 is released, but this is just a general interest list:

Interest:

[1] Blaque_Out (T5)
[2] Boxerchip (T7)
[3] trexturk (T5)
[4] TurboRush91(T7)
[5] b dash rian (T5)
[6] WS (T7)
[7] Tweek's Turbos(T5)
[8] iwantaviggen(T7)
[9] saab4life (T7)
[10]slaab (T5)
[11]noxben (T5)
[12]tanner55 (T5)
[13]TK900SE (T5)
[14]RyanGaeta (T5)
[15]00TurboSE(T7)
[16]DC_SAAB(T5)
[17]JABM(T5)
[18]coops93(T5)
[19]slaabyseconds(T5)
[20]socci (T5)
[21]saabdue(T7)
[22]supergreg(T7)
[23]goviggen(T7)
[24]TheVigg(T7)
[25]tplesssaab(T7)
[26]ricot83(T7)
[27]BLÜE 9-3se
[28]elliott

Totals:
16 (T5)
8 (T7)
4 Viggens

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
see if they can make two models, turbo, and non-turbo, that way i'd have an interest in it

~justin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yeah I agree with Justin, get a tube custom made for our non-turbo cars. Looks like this

I had posted on here http://www.saablink.net/TSL/saabforum/viewtopic.php?t=492

Actually I had a thought: What if we got that same tube for the turbo model built so it goes down the opposite side of the car, and we just made it a straight tube wihout any holes in it etc...That way we could slap an open filter on the end of the tube (make sure the end is 3" OD)...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay i'll definately look into getting a N/A version made as well. It would have to be constructed just like this one, (by saabindru900) which isn't hard at all:

Of course it may be easier to just ask him where he got his parts from :roll: Maybe cheaper as well.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
No. The point is I want to get rid of that damn no good for nothing box right above the throttle body, so the tube will go right into the throttle. I also don't want my filter as low as saabindru's. I want it within the engine bay for looks. So I want a chrome tube that goes from the throttle body to the front of the engine, leaving some room for a filter. And we have to figure out a way to add the air mass sensor....

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then we need to find out exactly what other people want. Many people want a true CAI that drops all the way down. Others want a short ram that stays in the engine bay.

I agree that the intake needs to go all the way up to the throttle body. That means that there needs to be an adapter or something to attach to the throttle body. In order for me to get that made, I'd need a N/A car to do it on.

If you the V6 has the same intake setup as the I4, then I have someone's car i can use.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
i would be interested in that

but make sure it has the plug hole for the IAT sensor (check your haynes manual). We dont want any CEl's here.

Also, will this purchase include the hoses, or will the old ones be needed?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: High Flow Intake Delivery Pipe

Blaque_Out said:
I will be researching a manufacturer that can mandrel bend a 2.5" delivery pipe for most NG900/9-3 turbo setups (T5/T7).
No need, Chris Paden of MP Performance is already working on this. It should be available soon, and Chris is good at keeping the price down.

http://www.mpperformance.com/buyparts.htm

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i want the exact same thing that rob does, straight from the throttle body straight to just behind the headlight, so it's still in the engine bay, for me if i were to have it low like that other guy has, i'd get tons of snow and rain and shit in there, since i live in maine, so i'd have to constantly be taking it apart to clean the filter, not something i want to do, i don't mind cleaning it once and a while, but weekly would just suck.

since there is a hole in the one for the turbo one, why not have a hole similar to that for the stupid ass sensor in the non-turbo ones?

why do we need that sensor anyway? what happens if we do not have it on there?

~justin

·
10,303 Posts
ERP comes thru. Sweet, I thought Abbotts was more like $600. This should be pretty cool. Somebody on TurboBuick.com does throttle bodies, I wonder if he can bore out and polish a Saabs.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Re: High Flow Intake Delivery Pipe

ERP said:
No need, Chris Paden of MP Performance is already working on this. It should be available soon, and Chris is good at keeping the price down.
oh thank god! MP Performance is very good at keeping the price down..and have great products!! thanks ERP, if i cant make my own ill take theirs!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eric- Thats really good to hear. Do you know if he will be creating the full intake for an NA 900 as well?

Justin- You need the MAF sensor...its imperative for fuel managment. Its easy incorporate into any custom intake by using 3" to 2.5" adapter couplings ($10 online).

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay I heard back from MP Performance. He said that they are still in the prototype stage, but it'll be done soon. Basically here's some of the letter. Enjoy

Cedric,

It is nice to hear from you and your interest in our products. We
currently have a intercooler delivery pipe in prototype and hope to
release it soon. The pipe is made out of a one piece stainless steel.
It also comes with the required mounting hardware(90 degree elbow and
larger clamps). The price for the unit is going to be $195USD but if
you can get more then 10 members in your group buy then I can reduce
the price to you to $130USD plus shipping. I have also attached the
pictures of the prototype.

MP Performance

Also I'm still in the process of speaking to him about the NA intake, but i'll let u know information becomes available.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
oh wow, that looks really nice, i can't wait to see what'll look like for my car when he gets around to it...

in the second picture.... why is there a sofa cusion or pillow in the background? he have a car in his living room or something?

~justin

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
hey man, i know lots of people with couches in their garages. Mostly because they spend more time there then in the house. Hell, our local skatepark used to have a big couch on the top of the halfpipe. Now they have several sitting near a smaller 3.5" kidney bowl

but seriously, that looks really good, and ill drop 130 on it

Brian

·
Registered
251 Posts
i hope the viggen intake pipe is the same as the 2.0 turbo intake pipes....although the intercoolers are different so i dont know......anyone know if this will fit a viggen?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Im not sure... i think it will... what can we say.... its hard having a viggen :lol:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i would think that the ridges in the side would screw up the intake flow, and that is why it's ideal to have smooth tubing.

~justin

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.